Corsair Unveils 4th Generation SSDs

HardOCP News

[H] News
Corsair, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC hardware market, today announced the Neutron Series™ solid-state drives (SSDs), the industry's first consumer SSDs to feature the LM87800 6Gb/s SSD controller from Link_A_Media Devices (LAMD), a leader in the development of semiconductor SoC (system on chip) solutions for the enterprise and mobile storage market. Also available in an extreme performance Neutron GTX model, the new SSDs bring professional-grade performance and reliability to PC enthusiasts, content creators, and IT professionals.

Great to hear, looking forward to some comparisons. Feels like only last week Corsair was solely a maker of memory. Keep the good products coming Corsair.

today announced the Neutron Series™ solid-state drives (SSDs), the industry's first consumer SSDs to feature the LM87800 6Gb/s SSD controller from Link_A_Media Devices (LAMD), a leader in the development of semiconductor SoC (system on chip) solutions for the enterprise and mobile storage market.

I have no idea what you just said but as long as it's cheaper and faster gimme moar of it!

There's so many SSDs on the market now I can't even keep track of which are the best. It doesn't help that every manufacturer seems to have 10 different models each with 3 variants.

Will be interesting to see how this relatively unknown company's controller fares against the competition.

Maybe this explains all the SSD sales of late... Clearing out existing inventory and making room for new technology!

The 5 year warranty beats most HDDs, they must be confident they have a great controller, even if it's a newcomer.

Corsair, I love that you are releasing new products but please fix corsair link before you get too carried away.

Hmm, interesting. Can't wait for some benchmarks. However, I will still be most likely sticking to intel ssds.

I would wait if its a new controller and make sure people are having good results with it. New controllers scare me but at least Corsair is trying to move away from Sandforce for the time being.

I would wait if its a new controller and make sure people are having good results with it. New controllers scare me but at least Corsair is trying to move away from Sandforce for the time being.

Truth. It will be interesting to read reviews and user feedback regarding performance and problems with this new controller. But hey, it's not Sandforce, so kudos to Corsair for jumping off that ship!

Feels like only last week Corsair was solely a maker of memory.

How long has Corsair been making PSUs now?

Now cases, multimedia products, input devices...

I have no idea what you just said but as long as it's cheaper and faster gimme moar of it!

Actually sounds as if it will cost more and be a higher end product, based on these things:

"New Flagship Neutron Series"
"5 year warranty"
"super-high 90,000 random read and write IOPs"
"LAMD has built our reputation engineering high-performance, high-reliability SSD controllers for mission-critical enterprise storage solutions,"

There's so many SSDs on the market now I can't even keep track of which are the best. It doesn't help that every manufacturer seems to have 10 different models each with 3 variants.

No shnit! I don't even care about brand...all I look at are:

- Price
- Size
- Speed

If I can buy a 120GB SSD with 500MB read/write from some smaller brand vs. a 60GB SSD with 200MB read/write from Intel I'll go with the no-name.

- Price
- Size
- Speed

If I can buy a 120GB SSD with 500MB read/write from some smaller brand vs. a 60GB SSD with 200MB read/write from Intel I'll go with the no-name.

Considering the shoddy reliability with some SSD models your logic is wrong. Last thing you want is be forced to do a system re-install.

Unless you're one of those dudes who have 5 backup drives that store their SSD states, so they can do perfect image restores. 60% of the time it works every time.

- Price
- Size
- Speed

I wouldn't. Reliability is just as important if not more important than those factors you mentioned. Also the "headline" sequential figures don't mean an awful lot.

Back