Seasonic EURO '12 Promo Game

HardOCP News

[H] News
The folks at Seasonic are having a contest / giveaway with prizes like a Seasonic Platinum 860 PSU, Seasonic X-850, Seasonic X-560 and ten Seasonic merchandise packages. Hit the link for all the details!

Our Europe office has an giveaway contest-EU2012 Promo Game currently. It is a worldwide contest and is open to everyone. Winners will be selected amongst all successful entries, according the number of points achieved in the game. The entry with the highest points will win the main prize. In case of a draw there will be a random selection.

I really hate "contests" where the method of entry is " 'LIKE' us on Facebook and 'Follow Us' on Twitter!"

No, I will do no such thing, thank you very much.

That is a true statement. This competition doesn't require joining twitter, and I am thankful for that.

On their contest page I'm seeing:
1. Like us on Facebook
2. Follow us on Twitter
3. Download and fill out game form
4. Send form back to us before June 8, 2012 12 p.m. (noon) GMT
5. Winners will be notified by email by July 1

Hard to follow them on Twitter without an account.

Yup. Throwing in my 2cents...

I stopped reading their contest rules at the word "Facebook". The page was quickly closed afterwards.

If you don't want to do the promotion, don't do the promotion.

On their contest page I'm seeing:

Hard to follow them on Twitter without an account.

Yup. Throwing in my 2cents...

I stopped reading their contest rules at the word "Facebook". The page was quickly closed afterwards.

Wow, that's low. I've never saw this type of sca...ermm promotion before. I just thought it was the usual company blurb follow us on yaddyadda, not "Rules of the game".

Like the man with orthopaedic shoes, I stand corrected.

FWIW I'm not on facebook or twitter, and never will be. As, much like this competition, it seems the only way to win, is not to play.

Hi Folks, didn't mean to rouse up so much negativity! You need not Like or Follow, it would just be nice if you did but not necessary. We do from time to time post interesting news about Seasonic and our products on FB and will do so on Twitter also.

As well, understandably, soccer is not the first sport that comes to mind in the States, this promo was at first focused only for Europe as it is after-all, Euro2012 but we thought it might be nice to offer this to anyone who was interested.

Like I said, we had no intentions to "scam" anyone or create negative sentiments, we just thought this might be a nice thing to do. Maybe next time we do it for the Super Bowl or theWorld Series...., just an idea.

thanks for the clarification. I tuned out after facebook but will fill out the form when I get to my computer.

We should have been more clear about the FB & Twitter, we'll take more care next time.

Hi Folks, didn't mean to rouse up so much negativity! You need not Like or Follow, it would just be nice if you did but not necessary. We do from time to time post interesting news about Seasonic and our products on FB and will do so on Twitter also.

As well, understandably, soccer is not the first sport that comes to mind in the States, this promo was at first focused only for Europe as it is after-all, Euro2012 but we thought it might be nice to offer this to anyone who was interested.

Like I said, we had no intentions to "scam" anyone or create negative sentiments, we just thought this might be a nice thing to do. Maybe next time we do it for the Super Bowl or theWorld Series...., just an idea.

Sorry, I wasn't being negative towards Seasonic, I think you have a great product. I just really dislike the whole social media thing.

I'm antisocial medial.

If you ever decide to have an NHRA themed contest though you can count me in.

Wow, people complaining about Facebook and Twitter??? LOL

I thought people would be complaining about predicting the games themselves. LOL

@Seasonic Rep: Just a question though, what do I put in the "Quarter Finalist" boxes, the name of the country? For example, If I have the Czech Republic topping Group A, I put them in as A1? And if I have Ireland finishing bottom of Group C, I put them in as C4?

So after the group stages I no longer have to predict a scoreline but just the winner?

Or are my questions answered in the Terms and Conditions already? LOL

Wow, people complaining about Facebook and Twitter??? LOL

I thought people would be complaining about predicting the games themselves. LOL

@Seasonic Rep: Just a question though, what do I put in the "Quarter Finalist" boxes, the name of the country? For example, If I have the Czech Republic topping Group A, I put them in as A1? And if I have Ireland finishing bottom of Group C, I put them in as C4?

So after the group stages I no longer have to predict a scoreline but just the winner?

Or are my questions answered in the Terms and Conditions already? LOL

Quarter Finalist, enter name of country
Your example is correct.
Yes, only predict winner after group stages.
Thanks for playing!

Back