Annular Solar Eclipse Time-Lapse Video

I'm more impressed that he was able to capture the sun spots on the sun. Not sure how he did that.

Unfortunately I didn't even hear about this eclipse until Saturday night...which is even more frustrating since I was only a 3 hour drive from the path of totality. Not only would have been my first total solar eclipse to see, but it would have been an annular eclipse too.

Long story short, found out at the last minute and everyone had already sold out of solar eclipse glasses (the pinhole projectors and stuff suck).

We saw the eclipse yesterday around 6:30 PM PDT. It was incredible. They say the last time there was one in the US was 18 years ago. I never got to see it but I vividly remember talking about it with my 1st grade teacher (I was a big astronomy geek then too). I'm glad I finally got to witness one live, even if it wasn't a total eclipse. We didn't have any special glasses but we stacked a couple sunglasses and looked through a photography neutral density filter lol. It looked like one hell of a bright crescent moon and the atmosphere was quite surreal.

Too bad all the smokers ruined the images with their smoke! :mad: Stand downwind next time! Sheesh!!

we were supposed to see an 80% eclipse here in Seattle but it was a cloudy day.

Back