Sapphire Pure Platinum Z77K Motherboard

HardOCP News

[H] News
Overclockers Club has the Sapphire Pure Platinum Z77K motherboard in house for a little review action today. If you are on the hunt for a new Intel based motherboard, you might want to check this one out.

Features can make or break a motherboard. The Killer NIC, Quadfire support, four DIMM slots that support up to 32GB of DDR3 memory, support for Intel Third generation Core series processors, Smart Response and Rapid Start technology, Voltage measure points, Dual BIOS and switchable graphics with Lucidlogix Virtu software makes the Pure Platinum Z77K a premium player.

Looks like a nice board for $149, but I wouldn't want to put it in a windowed case. It kind of looks like my Abit LX6 from back in the day. I guess I'm used to boards with pretty colors now lol

Wow, that thing looks like a throw-back to how boards looked a decade+ ago. I could even easily mistake it for an old 286 board I used to have eons ago.

Decent price tag for the features, but pretty fugly by todays aesthetics standards, imo.

Aren't all their boards SLI incompatible due to their relationship to ATI?

And yes - ugly - wow.

Wow, I was expecting a nice white PCB or something with that name.

Disappointed. D:

Back