Developer Denies Dead Island 2 Release Rumors

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Deep Silver, the publisher of Dead Island has been going out of its way to deny unfounded rumors that the company is working with Yager Development for a sequel. To add to the denial, Guido Eickmeyer, Development Director adds that the company has nothing in concept, discussion or in production of a sequel. Could you be a little clearer on that? Are you working on a sequel or not? :D

Last edited:
I thought Dead island would be awesome, until I played it... Good game idea, but poorly executed.

The first one was buggy as hell and boring,a textbook example of how not to make an open world game.

If techland is involved they won't get my money. What a heaping pile of shit coders.

I thought Dead island would be awesome, until I played it... Good game idea, but poorly executed.

Yepper. I bought it all ready to get some zombie smashing on and in the end, not so much. If it had been polished, I probably would have finished it.

I might be one of the only [H]r's here that disagrees....

The game was fairly innovative. It was different. Sure, it had several flaws, and was repetitive, but I had fun playing coop with my friends. I think that if the developers worked a bit harder, it could of been a huge winner.

If you played this game stock, then just lol. There is a reason for mods for this game. The stock game was "meh", mods are what made this game really fun.

I played with 2 friends co-op. We had fun until the last boss. Friend A does his charge and knock down attack. I do the headstomp. Final boss dead. GG.

wtf?

I got bored after the tiresome, repetitive missions. I liked the weapons upgrade system but other than that, it was a waste.

I might be one of the only [H]r's here that disagrees....

The game was fairly innovative. It was different. Sure, it had several flaws, and was repetitive, but I had fun playing coop with my friends. I think that if the developers worked a bit harder, it could of been a huge winner.

I agree completely.

Its netcode is a steaming pile of dookie and the fact that they STILL haven't fixed most of the issue plaguing the game leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. Especially since they've had a long time to fix it and yet still released 2 DLC's.

With that said, I still enjoyed the hell out of it. It was a lot of fun playing co-op with friends... especially the bloodbath arena (I got the CE).

If they hired some better developers or even had another, more experienced, studio handle the technical backend... I'd be all about a sequal.

I found the controls to be absolute shite. I tried kbd/mouse and then xbox controller and both were junk. There was a noticeable lag after every input. Are there mods that improve that?

Oh and what happened to any patches, wtf. They got the DLC out mega quick but did nothing to fix the bugs.

The game was fairly innovative.

How so?

I liked the game alright but I'm glad I bought it very cheaply. Innovative is a word I use very sparingly and I'm having a hard time imagining anything that was innovative in this game.

How did this game sell across the platforms? That should answer the question quickly about whether or not a part 2 is really going to happen.

It made me laugh in the beginning. "ho do you voodoo bitch!"

Seriously starting the game up in front of my roommate and my wife to be constantly ridiculed for the next hour should have been a sign that I should have just stopped then.

Back