Xbox 360: #1 Selling Console for 16th Consecutive Month

HardOCP News

[H] News
Xbox 360 continues to hold the number one spot in the U.S., selling more units in April than any other console. This marks the 16th consecutive month that XBox 360 has been the best-selling console in the U.S. Holding 47 percent share of current-generation console sales, Xbox 360 sold 236,000 units in April, maintaining the number-one console spot in the U.S. This marks the 14th consecutive month Xbox 360 has held more than 40 percent of the current-generation console market share.

It's really not all that surprising.

I just recently purchased another 360 (+Kinect) after only owning a PS3 for the past 2 years and I have to say that while the PS3 has a few advantages over the Xbox (free online, a 'real' web browser and the ability to 'share' downloaded games), I forgot how refind the Xbox, and especially live!, is compared to the PS3. The general performance of the Home screen and such also seems a lot better than the XMB on my PS3 as well.

On top of that, seeing how poorly some games run on the PS3 (Skyrim is horrible), I might stick to buying the 360 version of multi-platform games in the future.

Having all three consoles for this generation I think the Xbox 360 is by far the best when it comes nearly everything. I think the gaming library is by far the best. IMO it has the best controller. This comming from someone who has gone through 4 of them because of RROD.

Only thing i can complain about is that it doesn't have blu ray. As a media center extender I think its great. Works great with my infinitv4, great game console and STB all in one.

Xbox 360 continues to hold the number one spot in the U.S., selling more units in April than any other console. This marks the 16th consecutive month that XBox 360 has been the best-selling console in the U.S. Holding 47 percent share of current-generation console sales, Xbox 360 sold 236,000 units in April, maintaining the number-one console spot in the U.S. This marks the 14th consecutive month Xbox 360 has held more than 40 percent of the current-generation console market share.

It helps when you release a limited edition Star Wars 360 for all the SW super fanboys that look beyond the $400 tag...coincidently last month, and there is the ever persistent RROD issue, so who knows if those get counted as sales or not.

It helps when you release a limited edition Star Wars 360 for all the SW super fanboys that look beyond the $400 tag...coincidently last month, and there is the ever persistent RROD issue, so who knows if those get counted as sales or not.

By "Ever persistant" do you mean "Over hyped"? I've owned 2 Xbox 360s since 2009 and never had a problem with either of them. They're simultaneously hooked up to 2 HDTVs so my wife and I can play online games together. It COULD be that they have games people want to play and is cheaper than a PC or PS3?

The Star Wars 360 wasn't even that popular. Most Gamestops I've seen still have them. Sour grapes, much?

Good machine but I sold the only one I had last year, I just was not playing it.

Except there aren't over 200,000 editions of that SW console. It was a small fraction of that comparison wise.

Who gives a shit about Japan? They're irrelevant these days, its not the 80s anymore.

Or the 90s. Games now arent eastern based like they were years ago. If anything most of the eastern titles aren't doing very well anymore. I never would've thought I saw the day where Final Fantasy was a franchise that would be on life support.

Back