Blizzard Helping People That Pre-Ordered Diablo III From GAME

HardOCP News

[H] News
Apparently Blizzard heard about the people that were screwed over by GAME filing bankruptcy (no game, no refund) and decided to come to the rescue! Thanks to Jesse and Doug F. for the heads up.

We're aware that some Australian GAME customers have been left out in the cold on what should be the hottest night of the year -- the launch of Diablo III. To help with this situation and get these players into the game as soon as possible, we've put the following process in place.

• Australian GAME customers with a valid preorder/prepurchase receipt dated before May 15, 2012 can do the following:
  • Purchase the digital version of Diablo III from http://www.diablo3.com now or anytime before May 21, 2012.
  • Download and start playing when the servers go live!
  • Submit your GAME Australia preorder/prepurchase receipt to us before June 30, 2012.
  • Receive a credit from Blizzard, for the amount you paid in advance to GAME Australia for Diablo III. This credit will be applied to the payment method used for the digital purchase.

Good thing to do, not really fond of people writing checks their ass can't afford. How many people were screwed by Game?

I hope GAME uses good quality receipts, I swear gamestop receipts self destruct after 30 days. Turns into a blank piece of paper unless handled like the Declaration of Independance.

I hope GAME uses good quality receipts, I swear gamestop receipts self destruct after 30 days. Turns into a blank piece of paper unless handled like the Declaration of Independance.

I stashed my GS receipt for this reason alone.

Maybe EA should take a number from Blizzard customer service here.

Then again, EA is a horrible piece of shit that really needs to die.

At most Blizzard loses out on a couple of fully paid copies which I am not sure how it works when retailers accept fully paid preorders or where the money goes. But if Blizzard is only doing credit then most people will only see $10 credited which in Aus is like $5 US?

[RIP]Zeus;1038728950 said:
Maybe EA should take a number from Blizzard customer service here.

Then again, EA is a horrible piece of shit that really needs to die.

Activision FTL

funny. i couldn't find mine at all!! i called in and its under my account.

Blizzard is really first class when it comes to customer service. I'm proud to have bought everything they've made. Now, if I could just get a job with them...

This is the kind of PR move more companies need to do.

Granted, they're going to make so much money off the D3 AH that they'll recoup the cost of those copies in about 0.042 seconds.

Glad to see those players didn't get fucked over though. Being out of work I couldnt afford to buy a copy of D3, but I can imagine the frustration of preordering and then losing out right at launch time.

That's awfully nice of them.

Now on the other hand, what's to stop someone from opening a company, selling a ton of preorders, having the company pay yourself an obscene amount of money as an employee, then having the company file for bankruptcy.

And yet they still price games over there like $40 higher. Nothing makes sense anymore!

Give it time... it took canadians over a year and many people walking into stores asking to pay the US price with US dollars on things like magazines and books that showed both prices (cdn/usd) before most of our stuff started being priced equally with the dollar on parity.

Kudos to Blizzard. They take care of their customers with more then just quality games. :)

i found it funny that blizzard doesnt give them a copy of the game but just credits for digital items for the game. no lost to blizzard at all still.

i found it funny that blizzard doesnt give them a copy of the game but just credits for digital items for the game. no lost to blizzard at all still.

.... Blizz is giving them a copy of the game, they said they are crediting whatever form of payment used to purchase the game from them.

they also pull invoices off their website after like 60 days, lesson learned when buying anything with a 1-3 year warranty.

.... Blizz is giving them a copy of the game, they said they are crediting whatever form of payment used to purchase the game from them.

Receive a credit from Blizzard, for the amount you paid in advance to GAME

So if you gave GAME $5 to preorder, they knock $5 off your purchase price, $10 = $10 off purchase price, etc..

It still baffles me that anyone would pre-order a digital product more than a few days before launch from anyone but the game-maker. If it gets you into the beta, fine. If not, then why?

It still baffles me that anyone would pre-order a digital product more than a few days before launch from anyone but the game-maker. If it gets you into the beta, fine. If not, then why?

The majority of people pre-ordered collectors editions, which is only available retail boxes. The others just wanted boxes / install discs for whatever reason since it cost no more then the digital version.

I don't understand why people preorder games. I mean, you risk loosing the receipt or you risk the company you bought the game from going under... Why not just go to the store the day the game comes out and buy it? Or in the UNLIKELY chance they are sold out the first day, you buy it the 2nd day its out.... Makes more since than loosing out on a deposit for a game that hasn't even come out yet....

All it does is remind me of people who preordered Duke Nukem 15 years ago...

I don't understand why people preorder games. I mean, you risk loosing the receipt or you risk the company you bought the game from going under... Why not just go to the store the day the game comes out and buy it? Or in the UNLIKELY chance they are sold out the first day, you buy it the 2nd day its out.... Makes more since than loosing out on a deposit for a game that hasn't even come out yet....

All it does is remind me of people who preordered Duke Nukem 15 years ago...

Long, long, long ago, back before digital distribution, preordering a game was the only way to guarantee you'd get a copy of the game on launch day. If you didn't preorder a popular game, and it sold out, you were driving around town checking all the game stores for it. If you couldn't find it...too bad, wait until next week's shipment and hope you scored it then.

Nowadays, there's no reason for PC gamers preorder. Especially since Battle.net/Steam all have your games as simple flags on your account, and you can preload all content before launch date.

Long, long, long ago, back before digital distribution, preordering a game was the only way to guarantee you'd get a copy of the game on launch day. If you didn't preorder a popular game, and it sold out, you were driving around town checking all the game stores for it. If you couldn't find it...too bad, wait until next week's shipment and hope you scored it then.

Nowadays, there's no reason for PC gamers preorder. Especially since Battle.net/Steam all have your games as simple flags on your account, and you can preload all content before launch date.

Yeah, these days it's pointless but people forget just how bad it was 10+ years ago. Of course some retailers also have silly incentives like skins on occasion, but even with a digitally distributed game like this, can't get the collectors edition digitally and I'm sure people intended to go home with their collectors edition boxes on launch day(rather than drive around town looking for one a week later).

I kept an old one in my desk drawer and never touched it, and the thing almost disappeared completely. Talk about another good reason to never preorder a game again.

Discounts. Early access (eg. betas). Other exclusives. Other incentives.

Also some people have issues with managing money and prefer to set that aside earlier on when they have it. Although this latter reason probably should raise some flags personally.

It might have depended on where you lived, but I was always able to snag copies of games on release day without preorder. Either Bestbuy or Gamestop had them, they were both at the same mall. Maybe I just lived in a lucky area where the stores ordered extra copies, but I don't remember it being a big deal.

Dude, I'm 30 and learned how to read playing Zork on my Commodore 64. I understand the whole preordering so you get a game on launch day but for as long as I can remember, there have always been horror stories about preordering and still not getting a copy due to over selling the preorder... then you have issues with the game never coming out. I still give a friend of mine hell about Duke Nukem... that was $10 he never saw again... and on top of that I don't think there has ever been a time when I went to buy a game on launch day to find it sold out..

Its cool that Bliz is giving credit for those who preordered, but again why didn't they just go buy it on launch day?

I had a $60 Credit with GAME that I was saving for Diablo 3. They go into administration the day before and now I have to spend $240 to get the full value of my credit back. You can only use your credit for 25% of the value of the purchase.
Still got my copy of Diablo 3 from Dick Smith last night and started my Demon Hunter. Then my wife took over. Hopefully I can get her addicted and turn her into a full fledged girl gamer. The kind I hear of in fantasies.

Back