Affordable WiFi Blocking Wallpaper Revealed

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
For all of you out there in the tin-foil-hat-brigade, a new product from researchers in France have developed a fairly low cost solution to blocking your leaking WiFi network to a snooping outside world.

The catch is that to obtain full WiFi signal blocking, a user would have to cover pretty much all of a home's walls, roof and floors in order to prevent any signals from leaking out.

They also sell lead paint that will do something similar, but I'm guessing this stuff is cheaper. The hospital I used to work at had lead paint for most of the walls to prevent issues with medical equipment.

They also complained about the wireless sucking all the time. :p

They also sell lead paint that will do something similar, but I'm guessing this stuff is cheaper. The hospital I used to work at had lead paint for most of the walls to prevent issues with medical equipment.
Was it really for the purpose? Or was it just old white paint that had lead in it like any home older than about 20-30 years has

Was it really for the purpose? Or was it just old white paint that had lead in it like any home older than about 20-30 years has

Pretty sure it was for the purpose. I don't think the old style lead paint actually had enough lead in it. I don't know much about it, I just remember them talking about painting the OR rooms with it. Maybe it was not lead either, but something else, but I'm pretty sure they did say lead.

For all of you out there in the tin-foil-hat-brigade, a new product from researchers in France have developed a fairly low cost solution to blocking your leaking WiFi network to a snooping outside world.

So.........I shouldn't be setting my house up like this @ 1:04?

My house was built in the 20's anyway........plenty of lead paint coverage.

Does it block? or reflect? If it reflects, does that mean you in-house wifi has better potential to reach the secluded areas of your house?

If you're afraid of WiFi leakage, you have two very good options already:

1) Properly secure your network.
2) Don't use WiFi and hard wire everything instead.

This makes more sense for people who claim to be sensitive to wi-fi rather than keeping your signal secure.

1978 was the year lead paint got the hammer. And it certainly didn't have anough lead to interfere with WiFi.

If you're afraid of WiFi leakage, you have two very good options already:

1) Properly secure your network.
2) Don't use WiFi and hard wire everything instead.

Bingo, Pull the antenna and turn it OFF, no more freeloaders

Back