Mayan Calendar Documents Time Beyond 2012

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Quit giving away all of your money, selling off your stocks and go back to work. We are not going to all die on December 21st according to new information uncovered recently. It sounds like wishful thinking to me, because we all know we will all be wiped out on 12/21/12….you have to think of the damage it would do to the bar business if we didn’t believe it.:D

If they were calculating something from their time period, around 800 A.D., yeah, this would have gone way beyond 2012. But again, we're not sure exactly what the base of the calculation is."

I was wondering when someone was going to post this....

Oh well, time to get back to work on the robo-apocalypse.

Shit...so I SHOULDN'T have killed my children to save them from the suffering of the coming end of the world?!

Anyone else notice that pretty much every ancient civilization... Was absolutely terrible at art?

Now that everyone is saying that we are NOT going to die, it must mean we ARE going to die.

Didn't they stop calculating because they were sorta busy being wiped out by three dozen Spaniards wearing silly looking hats?

Besides that, even -if- an ancient civilization predicted the end of the world at some point in the future, what makes their drug-induced visions any less laughable than the ones people have now? Are stupid ideas granted more validity just because they're aged?

In much the same way, Miley Cyrus and Brittney Spears demonstrated that real talent, acting skills, and moral fiber exist at a young age and can be lost with the passage of time. Since NASA, other space agencies, and the US Department of Justice can probe pretty much anything in existance these days, it makes sense that we would know better and have been there and probed that by now to prove beyond any doubt that the world won't end, it'll just be taken over by zombies.

Anyone else notice that pretty much every ancient civilization... Was absolutely terrible at art?

LOL, you aren't an artist, are you? FYI, quality of art isn't defined by how accurately you depict real life. Otherwise photos would always be among the greatest pieces of art.

Spoilsports. They should have kept it under wraps until the last moment to keep the believers sweating!

You will all wish you were dead anyways.

Stock up on Mountain Dew and hot pockets while you still can!

Evil returns 5-15-12:eek:

it would bebsilly of me to point out that the Mayans did not have a leap year day.
that was added by Julius Caesar in 45 BC.
so for 2000 years we have been adding an extra day each four years or about an extra five hundred days in total.

that would put the Mayan 2012 end of days about 18 months ago.
hmm, go figure. the more you know.

You will all wish you were dead anyways.

Stock up on Mountain Dew and hot pockets while you still can!

Evil returns 5-15-12:eek:

I have a freezer full of frozen pizzas, 2 12 packs of Diet Coke, 2 4-packs of redbull and 3 days of vacation all lined up. :)

Definitely the end of my world (and health, day 2 of vacay will probably be, run around outside day)

it would bebsilly of me to point out that the Mayans did not have a leap year day.
that was added by Julius Caesar in 45 BC.
so for 2000 years we have been adding an extra day each four years or about an extra five hundred days in total.

that would put the Mayan 2012 end of days about 18 months ago.
hmm, go figure. the more you know.

You are not so bright. They already had that shit counted in before this.

The world ends the 12-31-2012 according to my Mayland calendar! And yes, this is an actual, physical calendar so it must be true.

How is Mayan calendars any more credible than morons and other religious fools or texts predicting the end of the world?

Organic pigments tend to break down after a few decades when exposed to things like sunlight, humidity, wind and dust, rain. etc. This is why artifacts always look dull and monochromatic. The paint has worn off! Hell, even the pyramids were painted alabaster white and capped with gold. The few surviving peices of ancient art unearthed (buried before it could fade) are very beautiful.

So we are all being trolled by some long dead Mayans, is that it?

internet-memes-mayan-trollface.jpg

:)

I see we need a new idiot/moron test and you do all know that the Mayan where high on drug like Marijuana and Bad Mushrooms, Bad Frogs, etc and doing all kinds really dumb things .

LOL, I heard it on news radio this morning, where it was described as:

Writing in the journal Science, the scientists say the murals confirm what Maya archaeologists have been saying for years: The Maya calendar does not predict the end of time in 2012, as some New Age prophets have argued.

It's funny the conspiracy nuts who believed that there was some link to doom in 2012 are following equally loony new agers, who they'd never directly associate with themselves. (That's intentionally ambiguous wording at the end. ;))

The "doomsday" date was all New Age mis-information and hype from the very beginning anyway, if anyone was smart enough to do some fact-finding research.

It made for an OK movie, but that's about all the excitement you're going to get from it.

I feel sorry for anyone who bought into this.

I see we need a new idiot/moron test and you do all know that the Mayan where high on drug like Marijuana and Bad Mushrooms, Bad Frogs, etc and doing all kinds really dumb things .

Lmfao? Bad Mushrooms? Bad Frogs? Are you autistic?

Also, the Mayans having dates and calculations long past 2012 is nothing new. This news post is derpy.

Also, the Mayans having dates and calculations long past 2012 is nothing new. This news post is derpy.

What you never heard of Bad Mushrooms?
Aka Magic Mushrooms = Psilocybin Mushrooms
What you never heard of Bad Frogs?
Toxic Frog, Poison Frog or Toad Venom

What are you blithering on about.... your use of the word autistic makes no sense at all. Derp you.

What you never heard of Bad Mushrooms?
Aka Magic Mushrooms = Psilocybin Mushrooms
What you never heard of Bad Frogs?
Toxic Frog, Poison Frog or Toad Venom

Yes, but you chose to use "bad" along with marijuana to give some scary connotation. You sound like a personification of the Reefer Madness book. Extra funny considering you did it in the same sentence suggesting an "idiot/moron test".

What are you blithering on about.... your use of the word autistic makes no sense at all. Derp you.

It makes plenty of sense. Who else would talk about "marijana, bad mushroom, and bad toads"? Lmao.

Yes, but you chose to use "bad" along with marijuana to give some scary connotation. You sound like a personification of the Reefer Madness book. Extra funny considering you did it in the same sentence suggesting an "idiot/moron test".

It makes plenty of sense. Who else would talk about "marijana, bad mushroom, and bad toads"? Lmao.

No, GoldenTiger was right. Get informed about Autism before you imply Autism = lack of intelligence.

The "doomsday" date was all New Age mis-information and hype from the very beginning anyway, if anyone was smart enough to do some fact-finding research.

It made for an OK movie, but that's about all the excitement you're going to get from it.

I feel sorry for anyone who bought into this.

That movie (2012, right?) was not 'OK', and I feel sorry for anyone who paid to see it. :D

You A) don't know what autism is, clearly, and B) those are names of illicit drugs, apparrently you don't know that either.

Actually some heavily into metaphysics do think that humans in this third density (dimension) will cease to exist (die) around that time as the planet completes its change from third density to a 4th density planet.The world does not come to an end, but a new age will begin in which humans and other life will exist here in 4th density. So how could this occur? Perhaps a change or a flip of the magnetic axis which causes earthquakes and other natural disasters which completely change the landscape and oceans on this planet. Who knows and I guess we'll see soon enough. So everyone feel better now? :p

Back