Google Glass Will Provide Evidence Against You

I'm actually really excited to see where this technology goes. Seems really promising.

This is a great idea, sadly it's Google doing it. Just more revenue-building for them off ads and data gathered on us.

Someone is having fun with their child outside of the home on a nice day and it appears they didn't have to buy anything to do so. THE HORROR!

I basically said exactly what Steve is saying in the first thread...do not want those glasses

Poor kid is being dangled out of the third floor window over the yard far below. :eek:

I'm actually really excited to see where this technology goes. Seems really promising.

I'm pretty sure it'll get a government-mandated backdoor which will fix Big Brother looking at what you're doing from over your shoulder. Instead, they can just see things directly from your perspective in a live stream.

I joke though. I'm sure Google will promise to willingly strip out any information that identifies you from the huge quantity of data they will collect about you. :rolleyes:

I'll never buy these for the same reason I won't buy a phone that I can't root and put a custom rom on. You never know who's peering over your shoulder digging into your life and for what purpose. Even your basic cell phone is bad enough.

I think this type of technology is pretty neat. But after visiting the Google Glass page on Google+, I'm left wondering if Google is more worried about the technology, or the style. Is Google the next Apple?

Normal glasses work just fine. I don't need this or the potential for a HUD clouding my view.

The best part about Google glasses is that big brother can spy on you even if you don't use the web or a smartphone at all. Other people around you will "keep an eye on you" for them.

This is a great idea, sadly it's Google doing it. Just more revenue-building for them off ads and data gathered on us.

As opposed to say Apple creating it, where it will cost $15,999 and only give you directions to Apple stores and Starbucks?

Back