Clothes Hangers That Show Facebook 'Likes'

Considering that people will spend $1000 on a purse that can barely hold more than a cellphone(I had a CC# get stolen and the thief bought a $1200 iphone size man-purse at louis vitton.), is something like this really all that surprising?

People are really stupid creatures. Check back in after the zombies take over. Maybe things will start looking up.

pretty sure the point is to use the in a retail setting

Why is this bad?
I think it will help people avoid buying clothes that is just plain hideous.
Its a smart move for a fashion bussiness.
Or are we just too [H] to notice when another industry does something positive and innovative to jumpstart bussiness.

I think it will help people avoid buying clothes that is just plain hideous.

If someone can't determine on their own that something is hideous and they require the input of a large number of other people who have provided non-descript feedback by simply poking a like button, then that person is probably allowing other people's perceptions and tastes to drive their decision-making process. I'm not saying it's a bad thing as many people are incapable of making effective decisions on their own, but people tend to surround themselves with those of similar mindset and capability so rather than making individually stupid choices, they do so on a collective basis.

Ultimately, Facebook itself isn't the problem. It's the people that exist inside the framework Facebook allows to broadcast their shenanigans that are the object of disdain and ridicule.

At first I thought this was rediculous, but if it's for retail setting, I suppose I can see it being a decent idea. Probably more targetted at woman who shop for clothes a lot and never know what to wear for a certain event. Now they can go by the number of "likes". :p

At first I thought this was rediculous, but if it's for retail setting, I suppose I can see it being a decent idea. Probably more targetted at woman who shop for clothes a lot and never know what to wear for a certain event. Now they can go by the number of "likes". :p

it MIGHT

JUST MIGHT make my wife a faster shopper

who am i kidding...

otherwise yea, i like the idea

I like it. It's almost the equivalent of reading reviews on websites. It's not necessarily about fashion, but also durability/wear of the clothing.

I like it. It's almost the equivalent of reading reviews on websites. It's not necessarily about fashion, but also durability/wear of the clothing.

It's actually brilliant. Retail needs to start incorporating more online/social media features to attract shoppers from just ordering it online.

While it's not necessarily about fashion, it mostly is (particularly since we're talking Brazil here). There are many items that someone can't afford or pull off but they want to, and will thus 'like' it. And then someone who can afford it and pull it off will buy it and get the status validation that is desired by high fashion shoppers.

Many name brand items (purses and shoes get quite a bit of mark-up) sell for the status, not the utility. Although, I'd put a sign over the rack, not a hanger on each item.

The biggest problem with likes is there usually isn't a don't like button as well...

Scratch that, there are indeed bigger problems.

Just walk into the store and like every item and leave :)
I think it'd be more fun to "like" all the absolutely horrendous stuff. :D
Maybe then people would see just how ridiculous this is. That, or we'd start to see some rather bold new fashion trends. :p

Back