Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 2GB

HardOCP News

[H] News
Overclockers Club has the Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 2GB strapped to the test bench today for a few rounds of benchmarks. Here's a quote from the full review:

When the HD 7870 was released AMD stated that it was the perfect card to upgrade to if you are currently using a 5XXX series GPU. I have to say that I agree with that statement. If you are currently using a 5XXX generation card, and are actually looking to upgrade your current setup, the Sapphire HD 7870 would make a great choice.

page 12 , temp testing is mixed up , someone might want to tell them.
the stock #s are higher than the OC #s.
im not a member over there.

LOL wut? I have more problems with AMD drivers than nVidia ones.

I honestly wish that I had side-by-side systems with both cards to compare- I switched my GTX570 SC out for a pair of HD6950 2GB cards when I moved up to a 30" panel, as there was no way I was paying 2x as much to get enough VRAM from SLi.

Still, I've had driver issues with Nvidia as well. I'd have to say that there really isn't any real advantage between the two, it's usually going to be a tossup due to developer support, and it's usually something stupid a developer does that causes issues with either company's drivers.

Back