Directron Hot Deals 4/28

Directron

Limp Gawd
Deals for 5/9 (expires 5/18/2012)
ASUS HD7970-DC2-3GD5 Radeon HD7970 3GB PCI Express 3.0 x16 Video Card. Retail box
On Sale: $499.99
hard5912 ($16 off)
$483.99 (Free Economy shipping)

ASUS K52N-A1 15.6in WXGA LED Notebook, AMD Athlon II P320 2.1GHz, 4GB DDR3 1066, 320GB HDD, DVD-Writer, ATI Radeon HD 4250
Normally $599.99
On Sale: $499.99
Coupon: hard5912b ($20 off)
$479.99, Free Shipping

Black Pioneer 12X SATA Internal BD/DVD/CD Writer / Burner, 4MB Buffer, Model: BDR-207DBK. OEM
$79.99
Coupon: hard5912c ($5 off)
$74.99

Last edited:
How good is the 400W Elite Power PSU that comes with the CM Elite 370 case? I'm looking for a good case /PSU combo that is good yet inexpensive for a couple of budget builds. They are only average users, as in web, some programming and database development. Nothing very taxing, yet I want to be able to get them stable and quiet power for the builds.

Ivy Bridge should be order able tonight online (after 8pm CST). They have actually been in stock for a little while but they were under restrictions from Intel. We can already take phone / walk in orders for them.

Generally, I would trust the 400W elite for most builds. You should be fine for a basic Sandy Bridge, FX, or APU build. Generally cooler master supplies are fairly decent. I would probably (on a personal level), only draw the line if I was dropping in something like a 560 / 6870 video card or higher. -- But that's a gaming build.

First time buyer here, looking forward to doing business with you guys! My thermalright stuff will come handy in the coming summer months! (hard to find! thanks for having 'em!)

Curious as to when you guys will be getting more TR Silver Arrows (the non SB-Es)?
Especially if I haven't dremeled to fit the other cooler by the time the smaller TRSA are in or to put in another case. I read a post where you talked about how they come on a boat and it was really cool and informative but that was from March/April; do you think you'll be getting more in in May/June?

Already signed up for auto-notify but just wondering on an ETA if you have as to help me better plan my build, if possible.

Thanks a lot Directron, and again, looking forward to our transaction :)

When we last contacted Thermalright they indicated there were no more non SB-E silver arrows. We received some stock but they only shipped SB-E. It seems like they are moving to SB-E completely. I'm pretty sure they are no longer producing non SB-E units. My suggestion if the SB-E unit does not fit would be to look at the Noctua coolers.

FemmeFatale -- You don't need a free shipping code. Use Economy shipping. Economy shipping offers free or reduced shipping price depending on the weight of your order. It's mentioned in the shopping cart.

I checked out Economy shipping and it cost $8 whereas UPS Residential is $8.30. $0.30 cents saving is not that much. When will you guys bringing the free shipping back?

What exactly are you trying to order? When we had the free shipping promo active, it was simply a coupon for free shipping for orders of > $200. We transitioned to Free Economy Shipping on orders of $200 or more and less than 7 lbs. If you are getting an $8 charge and it's about the same as UPS, then it sounds like you are below the free shipping mark.

When we last contacted Thermalright they indicated there were no more non SB-E silver arrows. We received some stock but they only shipped SB-E. It seems like they are moving to SB-E completely. I'm pretty sure they are no longer producing non SB-E units. My suggestion if the SB-E unit does not fit would be to look at the Noctua coolers.
Alright, thanks

Back