Amped Wireless Delivers Industry’s Most Extreme Wi-Fi Range

HardOCP News

[H] News
Amped Wireless, the leading manufacturer of high-power, long range wireless communications products for the home and office, today introduced two new high-power Wi-Fi directional USB adapters, which delivers high speed Wi-Fi access and the industry’s best wireless range - the UA1000 High Power Wireless-N 500mW Directional USB Adapter and the UA2000 High Power Wireless-N Directional Dual Band Adapter.

hrough the use of advanced high gain directional antennas, high power amplifiers, low noise amplifiers and the latest Wi-Fi technology, these two new products provide Mac and PC, laptop or desktop users with high speed Wi-Fi access and superior range. These new platforms allow devices to connect to 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi networks from up to three times greater distance than standard wireless adapters.

Political jokes aside, it's obvious to anyone that's worked with long-range wireless applications that antenna's are the best way to improve the quality of your connection. Raising connection power should be a last-ditch attempt. It looks like Buffalo also offers units with 5db and I think maybe even 7+db antenna's.

OK, honest now, who the hell here has heard of this company? I guess I need to crawl out from under my rock more often LOL!

OK, honest now, who the hell here has heard of this company? I guess I need to crawl out from under my rock more often LOL!

Amped is kinda new... I thought they were associated with Best Buy for awhile, but I may be mistaken. Reviews seem to be mostly positive, but they're not enterprise grade by any means. I'd use one at my house if the price was right...

I have a hawking outdoor directional antenna hooked up to my pci wireless card, been super happy and have been for years.

Amped is kinda new... I thought they were associated with Best Buy for awhile, but I may be mistaken. Reviews seem to be mostly positive, but they're not enterprise grade by any means. I'd use one at my house if the price was right...

Probably thinking about Amp'd Mobile which was pushed by Best Buy hard 6-7 years ago. Amped is sold at the usual electronics retailers however.

Amped wireless actually works in some conditions but throwing power at a wireless problem often doesn't fix the actual issue.

Most of the time its interference that causes the most problems. You can do a DIY project with a used Pringle's can that can get seriously massive range without any obstructions (think in miles).

So far I like my new Asus n-900 wireless router!

My old 300N airlink pre-N just wasn't cutting it in my new small 1950's house. Walls must be built with chicken wire in them.

The N-900 has doubled my range and is super fast.

I have an amped wireless repeater. Bought it over a year ago from Amazon. I use it at my parents beach house to bounce a wireless signal from our neighbors house. It actually works really well and set up was extremely easy. The only problem I have had involves power outages. The power flickers at that location at least once or twice a month. Sometimes the repeater picks back up. Other times I have completely reconfigure it. If I had this at home I would have it on a small battery box.

If it runs on 12V, check eBay for a Belkin BU3DC001. It is a 12V "UPS". Don't pay too much for one because most likely the battery inside is old and bad. Pick up a Genesis/Enersys/Yuasa 12V 7AH replacement battery...

http://netlink.alphasource.com/product/AS00320

Don't buy a battery from Batteries Plus. They suck. They let their batteries sit too long and don't rotate or charge their stock. Plus they charge 50% more than they are worth.

Back