Xbox Live Entertainment is Free this Weekend

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Starting today, Microsoft will be running a promotion aimed at showcasing its entertainment side with Entertainment Unlocked. The promo runs from today through April 23rd and will give an extended peek preview of Xbox Live Gold entertainment options.

Microsoft is also focusing strictly on entertainment, meaning no free access to online gaming or other perks that Gold members enjoy.

Besides "entertainment" and online gaming, what do I get?

I know there is that online storage for some games.

Although I rarely use my consoles anymore, I can't stand Microsoft's idea of making me pay for a service to use features that are available for free elsewhere. I own a PS3 and a 360 and prefer to buy games for PS3 in case I wanted to play the game online. I like the playstation way of doing things where they offer promotions and extra free stuff for the monthly fee. Just not going to pay Microsoft more money so I can access Netflix and Facebook from my 360.

Although I rarely use my consoles anymore, I can't stand Microsoft's idea of making me pay for a service to use features that are available for free elsewhere. I own a PS3 and a 360 and prefer to buy games for PS3 in case I wanted to play the game online. I like the playstation way of doing things where they offer promotions and extra free stuff for the monthly fee. Just not going to pay Microsoft more money so I can access Netflix and Facebook from my 360.

This arguement has been beat like a dead horse. If you are a savy shopper and if you're visiting places like the [H]ard and most likely you are you can get a year of Live for $35 and sometimes less. When you factor in things like Xbox Live Gold exclusive sales and jump in oh those most likely you'll cover the $35 and then some.

This arguement has been beat like a dead horse. If you are a savy shopper and if you're visiting places like the [H]ard and most likely you are you can get a year of Live for $35 and sometimes less. When you factor in things like Xbox Live Gold exclusive sales and jump in oh those most likely you'll cover the $35 and then some.

I second that argument. I have both consoles. I prefer buying it for the 360. I personally don't like the PS3 experience even when it's free. I hardly ever use my PS3. I don't see the point of trying to pay so much to a company that is so egotistical about everything and not very innovative. What's with the stupid ice cream on a cone add-on devices? Trying to re-use the same crappy-ass camera system from PS2 to compete with the Wii and Kinect. I really don't know the specs on the new camera, but you know what I'm trying to say.:p

It's 99.99 for a family gold membership that 4 people 25 bucks per person great deal if you ask me. I have paid more to game online on my pc in the past. Knock off the consoles suck shit the 2 go hand in hand if console gaming dies you bet your ass pc gaming goes too. Just play the way you like to play. i use ALL platforms.

This arguement has been beat like a dead horse.

Because it's still relevent and still a rip off. Even at $35 i maybe go online with my xbox once or twice a week so that costs me about .50 just every time i want to play online... halo isn't worth that much to me. I have already got ripped off buying a second controller and having to buy rechargeable batteries and a charger for the controllers.

If you are a savy shopper and if you're visiting places like the [H]ard and most likely you are you can get a year of Live for $35 and sometimes less. When you factor in things like Xbox Live Gold exclusive sales and jump in oh those most likely you'll cover the $35 and then some.
No you wont recover those $35 unless you like buying random games and because digital sales are absolute crap on consoles. Even with a gold account you can easily just order the games used off amazon for half the price they are offering on xbl.

I second that argument. I have both consoles. I prefer buying it for the 360. I personally don't like the PS3 experience even when it's free. I hardly ever use my PS3.
I have used both services and they offer the exact same crappy console online experience. With both first party and third party games the experience is exactly the same and any superiority is definitely placebo. Same dropped host/lag/connection problems happen on both consoles because all the games are hosted on the consoles them selves.

I don't see the point of trying to pay so much to a company that is so egotistical about everything and not very innovative.
Not sure which company you are talking about here.

I personally think Gold is a ripoff. Paid for a couple of years of it and couldn't see any reason to continue paying. I prefer to do my multiplayer gaming on Steam for free, like it should be.

a company that is so egotistical about everything and not very innovative.

That is truly the funniest thing I've read all day. :D

Back