Yahoo! Is A Facebook API Molester

HardOCP News

[H] News
Heh...this ZDNet editor was molested by Yahoo.

Instead of the usual “Authorize” on the upper right you get for most Facebook-connected apps, you get a “Okay, Read Article” prompt. That’s pretty scummy social engineering, because if the verbiage was “Authorize Yahoo” I might not have done it.

One would think that a editor of a tech magazine/site would know better, although we are talking ZDNet here so that could very easily excuse it

One would think that a editor of a tech magazine/site would know better, although we are talking ZDNet here so that could very easily excuse it

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the point of the article is shaming Yahoo for their scummy, deceitful modification of Facebook's standard API. Yahoo deserves flak for this.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the point of the article is shaming Yahoo for their scummy, deceitful modification of Facebook's standard API. Yahoo deserves flak for this.

I agree 100% but I find the article amusing as a editor for a tech site is just blinding clicking buttons without reading the information the button is on.

So the ZDNet editor is upset that a public company (Yahoo) is accessing all his personal information after he willingly turned over all his personal information to a private company that will be going public very soon (Facebook)?

its kinda sad though. Yahoo loss there internet foothole and none there tricking people into clicking there links so they can have a little of your info. I usually wont click a button (specially a facebook button) just to read an article you could probably find anywhere on the web.

Who wants Jason just read "5 things to know about erectile dysfunction" on there wall. lol

I believe the NY Post, and Huffington Post do the same thing on facebook. This isnt new and its certainly not limited to Yahoo!

Besides, ZDNet is a cess pool. I used to read it a long time ago. That particular "writer" Jason Perlow has his head inserted very firmly in his ass. The ONLY shining light on that site is Ed Bott <3

Back