Texting FAIL of the Day

Dude was in his own yard.. I cant say I worry too much where I am walking when I text & walk between my front door & my car in my driveway either.. Then again I have never had a bear in my driveway either,.

I wonder if the bear growled at him... That'll wake ya up.

At least he lives there, so he can change his underwear easily...

what if the guy was armed, pulled out his gun and shot the bear. would he get in trouble?

what if the guy was armed, pulled out his gun and shot the bear. would he get in trouble?

Well, first msnbc would have to doctor the footage to make it look like the guy was profiling the bear. Then the NAAB (national association for the advancement of bears) would have to get involved and organize a march. Then, gentle Ben would have to tweet his address and put a bounty on his head. Then he'd be charged...

That was just hilarious. How can you not notice a bear in your yard? Or the sound of the new chopper overhead? That would've gotten my attention for sure.

Would be awesome if the person texting him saw there was a bear near his house and texted him to come outside so they can grab a bite to eat.

Yeah I'd like to know this also. My first thought would be about my indoor/outdoor pets and their safety. Some say it's really hard to take down a bear with a gun but I'm sure 10 rounds of 7.62x39 to the dome would have got the job done.

Clearly we need a law that makes it illegal to use a cell phone while walking. In fact, it's pretty dangerous to use one anywhere but seated in a safe room in your home. Get on it legislators! Think of the revenue from citations!

We survived fine before cell phones, we don't need them! Rabble rabble rabble!

Well, first msnbc would have to doctor the footage to make it look like the guy was profiling the bear. Then the NAAB (national association for the advancement of bears) would have to get involved and organize a march. Then, gentle Ben would have to tweet his address and put a bounty on his head. Then he'd be charged...

This made me LOL:D

Queue the new Windows Phone 7 commercial. "Get things done quicker, so you have more time to get back to life and out run the bear."

Why didn't any one notice that he was more concerned with putting the cellphone safely in his pocket as he half-ass jogs away. I don't know about you but I'm throwing the fucking phone and haulin' ass out of there.

Van Terdandenyan should've exercised his rights to get some bear arms, or his rights to arm this single instance of bears...

Why didn't any one notice that he was more concerned with putting the cellphone safely in his pocket as he half-ass jogs away. I don't know about you but I'm throwing the fucking phone and haulin' ass out of there.

Probably bought it full price to escape a contract. I'd put it in my pocket and run too.

Here's an account from the guy, Vaz Terdandenyan:

“I came out, I knew something was going on, (I was) trying to assess the situation,” Terdandenyan told KTLA-TV. “I was texting my boss that I would be late for work, that something was going on, and I am coming down the stairs and I see the bear coming up the stairs towards me.”

“So I turned back, and I ran for my life,” Terdandenyan said.

He's lucky the bear didn't go into instinct mode and chase him down. I also keep seeing lots of comments about playing dead. You only play dead if he's attacking you. Best thing to do is make noise (talk to the bear but don't yell), slowly put your arms up and back away without turning your back. Bears usually will leave humans alone (they know you aren't food) unless they feel threatened or you get between it and their cub.

Living where i do, i almost found it more hilarious that this brought out a live helicopter broadcast. Just another day around here.

I cant say I worry too much where I am walking when I text & walk between my front door & my car in my driveway either.. Then again I have never had a bear in my driveway either,.

Me neither, but I've never felt the urge to text something in the 10 second walk between my door and car either. I can go 10 seconds without texting though, unlike some people :p

My feelings? Get a rifle. Shit like that is why there is a loaded AR-15 and a loaded shotgun behind the door when I live in the country, might have to start doing it in the city too.

That was a suburb of LA. It'd probably be cheaper for him to hire a body guard then buy a rifle in CA.. :p

Me neither, but I've never felt the urge to text something in the 10 second walk between my door and car either. I can go 10 seconds without texting though, unlike some people :p

Yes like most people its much easier to wait until you're driving to text...... F'n cel phone drivers slowing down traffic!

Bears have long wondered "Does the man shit in the alleyway?"

Why yes, yes he does.

I was waiting for the small car to show up with 50 clowns pouring out of it to chase the bear! (Cue Entry of the Gladiators!)

this made me lol

Back