Kingston Digital Releases HyperX 3K Solid-State Drive

HardOCP News

[H] News
Kingston Digital, the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the HyperX® 3K SSD, a high-performance, lower priced solid-state drive enabling users to experience ultra-responsive gaming, multitasking and multimedia computing power. Powered by the second-generation SandForce® SF-2281 processor and based on SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) interface, Kingston® HyperX 3K SSD is the ideal high-performance upgrade solution for budget-minded gamers, enthusiasts, multitaskers, overclockers and system builders.

I don't know what all the hype is about... These SSDs are just a fad. ;) Just like the Internet - just ask Iran and N. Korea.

Their prices arn't that much lower than other brands. "Budget-minded gamers"? Who are we talking about, people with NASA's budget?

"Budget-minded gamers" will probably still choose a cheaper HHD, as their main drive. Drop your prices by about half, THEN we'll talk about this being a budget minded choice.

SSD's can definitely help out on some random hitching, but I don't think that'll show up as FPS.
Those prices are still a major headache for me. $500-$1000 is hard to justify for a decent sized one.

Wow

Considering I can get a 512GB drive for $650, in canada, I just looked and these drives for a 480GB is $799, BEFORE factoring in canadian pricing AND taxes

Yeah I'll pass, I bought a 128gig for $150, when 512GB drives get down too a buck a gig then I'll spring for a bigger one

The prices are slowly getting lower for ssd's. Look at how much a 120GB SSD was this time last year to what the price is now. I would say in two years time the prices of SSD's will start to become reasonable.

Back