ASUS launches new ROG Maximus V GENE

HardOCP News

[H] News
Now in its fifth generation, ASUS ROG (Republic of Gamers) has launched its Maximus V Series motherboards with the Maximus V GENE. This micro-ATX powerhouse is built using the latest Intel® Z77 chipset, which supports Intel’s latest LGA1155 processors. Featuring full PCI-Express Gen-3 capabilities with Intel’s® 3rd Generation processor the Republic of Gamers team equips the Maximus V GENE with exclusive features such as the Extreme Engine DIGI+ II™ power control design, SupremeFX III™ gaming audio, Intel® Ethernet with ROG GameFirst software and the newly added mPCIe Combo™ card.

I miss having a ps/2 port on my p8z68 v-pro fro N-key rollover support so I was hoping to see the GENE z77 board have 1 like the z68 GENE did as a potential upgrade with ivybridge next time I build a system.

so even though one doesnt own a new ivy bridge, this would still be an awesome board for an i5 2500k right ? and still be an awesome gaming pc ...

This looks great but it doesn't seem to be in stock at any reputable sites yet. What's up with that?

my one issue with this is no DVI plug so i wont be able to make use of the Lucid MVP boost. SAD FACE

other than that, it is everything i want in a mobo.

Back