[H] Sighting of the Day

the car is fake not even a mental ray or Vray render. I have seen a lot more realistic renders of cars than that.

He wont fool that many people into making them think its a real car with that rendering system he is using you can make people think you own just about any car and its real with that if they dont look to hard at the picture.

he should have used mental ray or vray and a .HDRI file.

http://www.smcars.net/forums/attach...tion/128109d1315049089-evermotion-cars-02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be willing to bet the original screenshot is from a game, not a pre-rendered image like yours.

Wtf Cube. Why the hell would you rip on someone else's work? Everyone has their own skill/talent/experience level. Any normal person would be applauding him for expressing himself in a way that he feels comfortable.

What is wrong with you?

Either way not so [H]? UNLESS to add that logo was some kind of difficult unlock to be able to do something like that or something?

He wont fool that many people into making them think its a real car with that rendering system he is using you can make people think you own just about any car and its real with that if they dont look to hard at the picture.http://www.smcars.net/forums/attach...tion/128109d1315049089-evermotion-cars-02.jpg

http://www.iracing.com/

It's a game. He was sporting the [H] logo in the GAME. You know, flying the [H] flag, his colors, representin', [H] pride....

Damn man. :eek:

Wtf Cube. Why the hell would you rip on someone else's work? Everyone has their own skill/talent/experience level. Any normal person would be applauding him for expressing himself in a way that he feels comfortable.

What is wrong with you?

Because it's just a custom skin for a car in a racing game?(that's what it looks like to me anyway). Not much of an H sighting. Now if someone had painted up their mazda spec racing track car or something like that, I'd be more impressed.

I admit, when I first saw the thread/pic I was with Cube and was like, "WTF? It's just some virtual car". But I guess "[H] Sighting" doesn't have to mean in real life. :cool:

Though I will say it's a lot more impressive in real life.

Now if someone had painted up their mazda spec racing track car or something like that, I'd be more impressed.

We appreciate all the [H] sightings. We just think it is awesome when someone takes the time out of their day to do something like this.

Besides, someone already did it in real life:

330589_10150931196010214_705645213_21750836_419293282_o.jpg

what fantasy game is this? I've never seen the vette as a mid engine car in any popular racing game. The hood looks like it came from a Ford GT-40. As far as I know you can't put a large engine block under that upward sloping vented hood.

We appreciate all the [H] sightings. We just think it is awesome when someone takes the time out of their day to do something like this.

Besides, someone already did it in real life:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's crap(it actually does look like a good skin), it's just kinda... I dunno. I clicked on the thumbnail and it wasn't quite the awesome I was expecting if you know what I mean.

Tim, love it! Thanks for taking the time to work on it, and sorry for all of the dicks ripping on you. ;)

Man some of you people are looking way too much into this. I dont think the guy was trying to "fool" anyone. Chill out peeps.

Awesome work tim!

Some of you are slow and i can only hope you were using intarwebz sarcasm. He wasn't out to fool anyone, it's iRacing. The Corvette in the game is accurately modeled after it's real life C6.R racer. It is a front engined, rear drive car with a 427ci engine making 590hp, 640lb/ft. The rear fan is for the air conditioning system it has on board. If you've ever seen under the hood of a factory built Corvette, you'll understand how they can have that hood on it.

the car is fake not even a mental ray or Vray render. I have seen a lot more realistic renders of cars than that.

He wont fool that many people into making them think its a real car with that rendering system he is using you can make people think you own just about any car and its real with that if they dont look to hard at the picture.

http://www.smcars.net/forums/attach...tion/128109d1315049089-evermotion-cars-02.jpg

You really think he's trying to fool people into thinking this is a real car?

On topic, this is awesome, and so is iRacing.

Impressive design.:cool:

Is that a fan at the rear sucking air out from below the car?

wtf is wrong with you its a fucking video game get a life

You're the [H] version of this guy:

http://youtu.be/zSTEqHxh3fI

Some of you need to go see the doctor to get the stick out of your ass.

Next I'm going to put that mustang (pictured above) on the FR500S mustang and I may race that for the rest of the season in the Mustang challenge, I'm sure it won't make it onto the [H] sighting of the day, especially after the response this has gotten. I do understand however, I have seen some really awesome projects on here that people have made and maybe this doesn't deserve the attention that the guys at [H] gave me but it does say something about them that they took the time to acknowledge it. Most other sites are too busy to do the same. The original templates in the game are only 1024 x 1024 but I made my own double that size and scale them down to make a crisper look. As simple as it is there still are several hours of work put into that skin. Thanks to those who like it and thanks for being honest to the ones who don't.

Tim.

Because it's just a custom skin for a car in a racing game?(that's what it looks like to me anyway). Not much of an H sighting. Now if someone had painted up their mazda spec racing track car or something like that, I'd be more impressed.

Yet we got 2 front pages last week of a few stacks of cash in a [H] formation and no one bitched then.

I'm big on iRacing and I dug the "H" sighting.

Some major wood up people's asses, talk about having a bad day.

You need to light one up Cube.

Next I'm going to put that mustang (pictured above) on the FR500S mustang and I may race that for the rest of the season in the Mustang challenge, I'm sure it won't make it onto the [H] sighting of the day, especially after the response this has gotten. I do understand however, I have seen some really awesome projects on here that people have made and maybe this doesn't deserve the attention that the guys at [H] gave me but it does say something about them that they took the time to acknowledge it. Most other sites are too busy to do the same. The original templates in the game are only 1024 x 1024 but I made my own double that size and scale them down to make a crisper look. As simple as it is there still are several hours of work put into that skin. Thanks to those who like it and thanks for being honest to the ones who don't.

Tim.

Good Work and good representing. I think it was a perfect mention for [H] Sighting of the Day! It is easier to stack up cash or take a random shot than it is to make a skin for a car you are racing online.

Good Work and good representing. I think it was a perfect mention for [H] Sighting of the Day! It is easier to stack up cash or take a random shot than it is to make a skin for a car you are racing online.

Yeah that car is also available for public download, anyone who wants to can drive that car, that was part of the point, so if you are a patron of iracing, then go to the showroom forums. and find my digital graf E T showroom and download the skin or send me a PM and I will put your name / flag on the door :)

Back