LulzSec Hacker Pleads Guilty in Sony Breach

HardOCP News

[H] News
Another LulzSec member bites the dust. According to the report, this guy made a deal with prosecutors to plead guilty, probably to avoid getting the maximum sentence of 15 years. Ouch.

Kretsinger, 24, pleaded guilty to one count each of conspiracy and unauthorized impairment of a protected computer in a deal with prosecutors. LulzSec, an offshoot of the international hacking group Anonymous, has taken credit for hacking attacks on government and private sector websites.

Still waiting for Sony to be held responsible for keeping passwords in plaintext....

Ouch is indeed what he'll be feeling/saying while he is getting asshacked in prison. :eek:

"Officer, if the bank didn't want me to rob it then they should of gotten better locks. This is just as much their fault as mine."

Oh I"m not suggesting that lulzsec shouldn't be punished... but any vendor keeping their client information unsecured is being neglectful.

Maybe when he gets out of prison he can help the US gov't spy on its own people. Or maybe they'll direct him to harass China's assets. Either way looks like he might have a nice cozy job afterwards if he plays his cards right.

This guy was just a script kiddie, small time hacker. If it was that easy to get in Sony's website (SQL injection is security 101 stuff) you can be sure someone else had other backdoors. PSN breach for example was a really sophisticated attack, as far as I'm aware Sony still hasn't even caught anyone involved. Not saying he doesn't deserve jail-time, he does, but 1 year is probably enough. On the upside the attack has forced Sony to re-evaluate its security.

Maybe when he gets out of prison he can help the US gov't spy on its own people. Or maybe they'll direct him to harass China's assets. Either way looks like he might have a nice cozy job afterwards if he plays his cards right.
No doubt they'd love to employ those who would get off on playing "big brother", but if he's actually real hacker material maybe they should have him make our international debts just "go away".

In before the "he's not really a Lulzsec/Anon member" comments!

Still waiting for Sony to be held responsible for keeping passwords in plaintext....

Apparently, it is not a crime to be criminally incompetent.

Civil lawsuits are prolly the only avenue those harmed by the outages have with that.

I've yet to hear of anyone who lost a single cent to the PSN incursion yet, much ado about nothing really, but PSN has probaly made itself much more secure now. I wouldnt call these people real hackers though. Its not ;ike they btpke through anything secure. Taking down a website isnt hacking its just vandalism,

Back