Foxconn Recruiter: We're 'Hiring' for June Release of iPhone 5

HardOCP News

[H] News
Hold on to your suicide nets, a Foxconn official is telling potential employees that the iPhone 5 is coming in June.

A Foxconn recruiting office is telling potential hires that the iPhone 5 is expected to go on sale in June, according to a Japanese broadcaster. In a conversation recorded here by TV Tokyo and aired April 2, a Foxconn recruiter says the company needs to hire about 18,000 people to manufacture the iPhone 5.

Even though that doesn't leave much time to build up stock to fill the rush of orders I still wouldn't be surprised if they didn't just release a limited stock to begin with since Apple prides itself on keeping its product image as something much more "elite" then it truely is. Plus they can get away with raising the price as well being people will pay it so they can say, "I got one first... Nanny Nanny Boo Boo!"

Hmmm.. Might be worth it to just buy a couple and resell it for double on ebay... :cool:

It'd be nice if they released it early, but with the 4S launching in the 4th quarter, I really don't see them launching the new iPhone in June.

I'll stay optomistic though. I could use a new phone sooner than later.

I really wouldn't know specs they're going to stick into the iPhone 5? There's not a whole lot of room for improvement without jumbo sizing the iphones, or killing the battery life of one.

Probably A

10MP 3D Camera
Apple A5X chip clocked at 600 Mhz
1 Gig ram
4" display
double the battery size of iPhone 4

Probably B

10MP camera
Apple A6 chip clocked at 1.5 Ghz
1.5 Gigs ram
4.25" display
Same battery size, worst battery life.

I really wouldn't know specs they're going to stick into the iPhone 5? There's not a whole lot of room for improvement without jumbo sizing the iphones, or killing the battery life of one.

Probably A

10MP 3D Camera
1 Gig ram
4" display

Probably B

10MP camera
1.5 Gigs ram
4.25" display

Bet you never saw the Ultrabooks coming, didn't you? ;-)

All I can say is "hurry up." Waiting on the iPhone 5 to break my contract and jump ship to Verizon.

I cannot wait to be done with AT&T. I don't care if Verizon is technically slower, at least they have reliable coverage in my area. Slower+Coverage >>>>>>>>> Faster+No signal

Probably A

10MP 3D Camera
1 Gig ram
4" display

Probably B

10MP camera
1.5 Gigs ram
4.25" display

Apple very rarely does huge jumps. Their strategy is frequent releases, each with incremental upgrades. Which is actually why I almost always wait 2 generations between buying their products.

I expect the iPhone 5 to have 4G and use the battery/CPU tech from the iPad 3 (which means a marginal spec improvement, and roughly the same battery life since it has to power 4G now). Will be very surprised to see bigger screens, bigger cameras, etc.

June seems way too soon for the release of the next iPhone considering the 4S was released just last fall. I wouldn't expect to see the iPhone 5 to be released until at least August with production beginning in June.

June seems way too soon for the release of the next iPhone considering the 4S was released just last fall. I wouldn't expect to see the iPhone 5 to be released until at least August with production beginning in June.

Maybe.

Every iPhone except the 4S was released in June/July. The 4S was such a marginal refresh that I really wouldn't be too surprised if they quickly followed it with a 5 on their normal release schedule.

Maybe.

Every iPhone except the 4S was released in June/July. The 4S was such a marginal refresh that I really wouldn't be too surprised if they quickly followed it with a 5 on their normal release schedule.

Ignoring the superficial (exterior), the 4S was actually a really decent upgrade from the 4, even though it didn't change it's formfactor. It's pretty much the same upgrades that the iPad2 got over the iPad1 (which was pretty significant) with exception to the memory since the 4 already had 512mb, and the 4S got a better camera than the iPad2.

Apple releasing the 4S in the fall gave them record Q4 profits, which the share holders were very happy about obviously. Since then, many have been speculating that they're going to keep that schedule for future iPhone releases, especially with it hovering around the holiday season.

I really hope they'll do a June release, but it honestly makes no logical sense (to me) for Apple to do that

The 4S always seemed like a stopgap release. Besides, the iDiots will upgrade to the latest anyway.

You never know since Tim Cook is the new head honcho. He could be changing things up for quicker product releases.

But I'll agree with the masses and would bet if they even did, it would be released in Sept time frame.

Probably B

10MP camera
1.5 Gigs ram
4.25" display
They will keep the eye bleeding high DPI screen to maintain their "retina display" marketing. Apple = aesthetics first, function second.

Apple is limited by current tech, just like every other manufacturer. No telling what they could put in it, but based on current technology, here are some likely possibilities:
-4G
-12MP camera
-Faster CPU
-More RAM
-4.5" 1280 x 720 display (326ppi)

Apple very rarely does huge jumps. Their strategy is frequent releases, each with incremental upgrades. Which is actually why I almost always wait 2 generations between buying their products.

I expect the iPhone 5 to have 4G and use the battery/CPU tech from the iPad 3 (which means a marginal spec improvement, and roughly the same battery life since it has to power 4G now). Will be very surprised to see bigger screens, bigger cameras, etc.
You are right, but they also have to balance upgrades against the pace of other manufacturers. They were caught with their pants down with the 4S, with the SGSII and other phones having already made their flagship look dated, half a year before it was released. The iBots will sheepishly follow whatever Apple puts out, but the 4S caused some backlash and the media gave a small bit of attention to other products, removing the blinders to some of the market.

Apple would be more than happy to sit on their ass and just release a single new feature each upgrade cycle, but they are being dragged by the rest of the manufacturers into the future. I would say a 1280x720 display will be likely, if they want to keep pace, as there are already a half dozen US phones that already have one. They won't get Samsung's AMOLED+ one, though, since they have burned that bridge.

At this point all I want is a bigger screen. 3.5" is soooo small. I'm getting tired of Windows Phone 7, but my iPhone 4 is tiny when compared to my HTC Titan. 4" screen minimum please.

At this point all I want is a bigger screen. ...
It's been obvious for a while that a bigger screen is necessary, but is Tim C. ready to defy the Great God of Apple who always derided the idea of a bigger screen?

As much as people joke about Apple fans buying the new iPhone every year, the fact is that the service providers allow you to resign a new contract after 1 year to get the subsidized new iPhone and the customer can just turn around and sell their 1 gen old iPhone for more than the $200 they just paid for the new gen. People will pay a lot more than $200 for the 1 gen old iPhone without a contract....usually up to $400 if you unlock it/jailbreak it before selling.

I agree. a larger screen is probably the thing I hope to see most on the iPhone.

At this point, I don't mind if the DPI drops a little (so it maintains the same resolution on a larger screen size) if it means having a 4" display.

Honestly, I don't know how they're going to do it otherwise.

Back