Anti-Piracy Group Shuts Down Pirate Bay Proxies

HardOCP News

[H] News
News Flash! Setting up proxy sites for The Pirate Bay results in arrest and fines of 1,000 euros per day. What's that you say? You are only 15 and don't have the money to pay the fine? Who cares, you are easily replaced:

They expect that for every proxy that goes offline, new ones will spring up, as is usually the case. There are plenty of free proxy tools available and everyone with a WordPress blog can set one up in a few clicks. If anything, The Pirate Bay crew believes that BREIN is giving them a helping hand. “Thanks yet again for the free advertising,” they say.

Much easier if 14 year old do it here - they cannot be charged with any crime (IIRC only exceptions are for murder etc.).

I'm going to start a Kickstarter for legal fees. The recipient agrees to fight and not settle, and in return people fund his defense via crowdsourcing.

Much easier if 14 year old do it here - they cannot be charged with any crime (IIRC only exceptions are for murder etc.).

Where is "here"? In the US, you can be tried as a juvenile for numerous things. Plus, the RIAA/MPAA have proven they will do what they want when they want to someone, regardless of age.

piratebay? ppl still use that? Seems dangerous compared to first rule access

Where is "here"? In the US, you can be tried as a juvenile for numerous things. Plus, the RIAA/MPAA have proven they will do what they want when they want to someone, regardless of age.

Czech Republic (same is true in some other EU countries).

If companys actaully made something worth buying this wouldnt be a big issue. I have pirated lots of games, and if they are good I buy them. The companys losing out are the ones that make steaming piles of dog shit.

If companys actaully made something worth buying this wouldnt be a big issue. I have pirated lots of games, and if they are good I buy them. The companys losing out are the ones that make steaming piles of dog shit.

/facepalm

This deserves a dogpiling of every /facepalm graphic available... :eek:

This deserves a dogpiling of every /facepalm graphic available... :eek:

I don't understand the HATE on this logical point.

People will then say "You don't have to pirate it, just read reviews and watch videos!" which is complete bullshit. I can think of Halo Reach...great reviews all over, videos looked fun...bought the game and hated it...$60 down the drain.

So if game companies won't release demos or trials WHAT ELSE CAN YOU DO TO ACTUALLY TRY THE GAME OUT?!

I don't understand the HATE on this logical point.

People will then say "You don't have to pirate it, just read reviews and watch videos!" which is complete bullshit. I can think of Halo Reach...great reviews all over, videos looked fun...bought the game and hated it...$60 down the drain.

So if game companies won't release demos or trials WHAT ELSE CAN YOU DO TO ACTUALLY TRY THE GAME OUT?!

I with you on that. Any game that does not have a demo that gives good representation of the game should expect to be pirated heavily. That may turn into sales if people like the game but given that you have already alienated your customer base it is unlikely.

Exactly! If piracy is the ONLY option to play a game (PC only obviously as you can't rent any game like a console) then it is what it is.

If I pirated a game and enjoyed it I buy it...no questions ask...I have the money for days ($1600 a week) so buying games is not the issue, but wasting my money is a problem.

Plus I think that a LARGE majority of people that pirate either don't have the money for the game or would never buy it to begin with...so either way sales are very lightly affected, if affected at all period.

Exactly! If piracy is the ONLY option to play a game (PC only obviously as you can't rent any game like a console) then it is what it is.

If I pirated a game and enjoyed it I buy it...no questions ask...I have the money for days ($1600 a week) so buying games is not the issue, but wasting my money is a problem.

Plus I think that a LARGE majority of people that pirate either don't have the money for the game or would never buy it to begin with...so either way sales are very lightly affected, if affected at all period.

im with ya. Ive downloaded loads of games, most of them are awful and I uninstall and thank TPB for saving me $60, homefront anyone? And it had amazing reviews. Dawn of War II, the batman games, and others I have enjoyed and purchased

Most of the Juve cases here in California, just get a slap on the wrist and sent on their merry way,

Back