Nokia Patents Magnetic Vibrating Tattoos

HardOCP News

[H] News
Your daily dose of WTF is brought to you by those crazy kids at Nokia.

According to the patent application, Nokia is proposing “a material attachable to skin, the material capable of detecting a magnetic field and transferring a perceivable stimulus to the skin, wherein the perceivable stimulus relates to the magnetic field.”

So in a few years time I'll be able to purchase a full-fledged Nokia dildophone?

I can see it now. SPAM emails for Pecker-Magnets.

Finland!
Leading the the sexual revolution into the digital era.

"Finland, Finland, Finland
The country where I want to be
Eating breakfast or dinner
Or snack lunch in the hall
Finland, Finland, Finland
Finland has it all !"

Awesome. I love Nokia's R&D, actually innovating even when half the stuff never gets used mass scale.

I would so go for this, different tattoos on different parts of my arm/hand for specific notifications. Would be even sweeter if you could interact with the tattoo's, tap/double tap for instance to send a signal back.

Ahh, technology you make dreams possible. At least until crushing them!

I was thinking about this "new innovation", but solely from the blip included here, I'm sure this has already been designed.

Take a magnet, grind it up in a blender. Mix it with glue. You now have a material that when attached to skin will give a perceivable feedback when near a magnetic field.

Sounds like one of those phones accessories that light up when the phone rings. Except attached to an oscillator instead of a lightbulb.

Back