Diablo III May 15th

HardOCP News

[H] News
Normally we post gaming related news after lunch but, after receiving 2 billion e-mail on this one, I figure I should post this now. ;) Thanks to everyone that sent this one in.

The end is nigh! Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. today announced that Diablo® III, the next chapter in its critically acclaimed action role-playing game series, will be unleashed from the Burning Hells on May 15. Starting that day, gamers with a thirst for fast-paced action and adventure will be able to purchase Diablo III at retailers throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, South Korea, Southeast Asia, Australia, New Zealand, and the regions of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau. In addition, gamers in the regions above as well as in Mexico, Argentina, Chile, and Brazil will be able to buy Diablo III digitally via Blizzard’s Battle.net® website.

Awesome I can't wait! (Well I can)

I thought this was like a month or less away... :confused:

Anyway, based on the beta I'm not sure this is a day 1 buy for me. Certainly not at $60 anyway.

For some reason I'm not that bothered about this one, and I loved Diablo.

I'm already getting this game for free due to having signed up for a World of Warcraft annual subscription, but I'm really not looking forward to this game at all. WoW is going to be a ghost town for the first few weeks :(

So, they pulled PVP because it wasn't finished... why not delay the game, like we would notice a little more time.....

It is more likely they want more money,,,

So, they pulled PVP because it wasn't finished... why not delay the game, like we would notice a little more time.....

It is more likely they want more money,,,

Yeah, that's why I kinda though the game was due out sooner than this. They pulled PvP but are still months from release? Reeks of a money-grab DLC later.

• No lan.
  • No character customization.
  • No offline-play.
  • No skill trees.
  • No attribute points.
  • No pvp.
  • RealMoneyAuctionHouse.
  • WoW armor clones.
  • 4 players per game.
  • 5 years of delayed release.

No thanks.

I eagerly await the fleecing Blizzard will give me when it charges for features currently not in the game that will only be available through an expansion pack.

...Not really. This one is not on my personal list of interests.

• No lan.
  • No offline-play.
  • No skill trees.
  • No attribute points.
  • No pvp.
  • RealMoneyAuctionHouse.
  • WoW armor clones.
  • 4 players per game.

No thanks.

And this is why I will not be getting it either. Unless it is under $10.

• No lan.
  • No offline-play.
  • No skill trees.
  • No attribute points.
  • No pvp.
  • RealMoneyAuctionHouse.
  • WoW armor clones.
  • 4 players per game.

No thanks.

I'm in the beta and I think the game is better as a whole. Yes some of the things you point out do not make me happy either (no lan, online only, 5 years, 4 players)... but the "no skill tree" I think is for the better. You can switch your abilities with a limited set. This makes it more dynamic when you play with other people. If you find that someone is playing a different style and would benefit the team greater by switching a skill I think that is much better than being in a group where everyone has skills the don't work together.

Delayed ticks me off as well. They should have just kept it under wraps until 1-2 years out.

4 players does feel like a bind. When my friends and I play there are usually 4-8 of us on D2 (and we recently played d2).

After having played the beta and not being excited, I think I may wait a few months on this one. There are many other ways I can spend my spare time this summer.

Only 4 players and NO skill tree. No character customization... this was the one thing I thought Diablo II was missing.

It killed me when there was no LAN. But throw these shortcomings in and this becomes a deal breaker.

Looks like Torchlight II will be my Diablo fix. At a third the price?

I am really curious why character customization has not become a standard (a given) in all multiplayer games. I never played Ultima Online, but I know you could change your hair, skin and robe color and how old is that game? Xbox 360 (and to a lesser extent Wii - not sure about PS3) can do it for an interface, why is this not a given!?!

Already stated it will be free. Troll another place.

As far as I've read it's assumed to be free, but I haven't seen any verification on that one way or another.

Frankly I don't even care about PvP too much, but they've already changed/cut/gimped so many other features it's just adding insult to injury.

To quote Blizz

"Blizzard also kicked off global digital presales for Diablo III today. Would-be wizards, witch doctors, demon hunters, barbarians, and monks throughout the world should head to http://www.blizzard.com/games/d3/ now to reserve their digital copies."

Someone please explain to me how digital copies can run out? Why would they need to be reserved?

I hate bullshit like that.

Maybe "reserve" isn't the right word to be used. Maybe "pre-order" is the right word to be used.

I guess what Blizzard is saying is that by "reserving" your copy now makes it so that at the stroke of Midnight on May 15th you will get your license of Diablo 3 whereas the rest of the world may end up having to wait while their servers are crushed under the weight of millions of users pushing that submit button.

I'm in the beta and I think the game is better as a whole. Yes some of the things you point out do not make me happy either (no lan, online only, 5 years, 4 players)... but the "no skill tree" I think is for the better. You can switch your abilities with a limited set. This makes it more dynamic when you play with other people. If you find that someone is playing a different style and would benefit the team greater by switching a skill I think that is much better than being in a group where everyone has skills the don't work together.

Delayed ticks me off as well. They should have just kept it under wraps until 1-2 years out.

4 players does feel like a bind. When my friends and I play there are usually 4-8 of us on D2 (and we recently played d2).

So then no RPG element, just maximize the characters power for every given situation. For that, and the reasons mentioned above, Blizzard can suck it.

If only I had TIME to play games anymore, maybe then I would be excited about this. oh well...

Time off from work requested and already saving up for mass Red Bulls and cheeto's.

• No lan.
  • No offline-play.
  • No skill trees.
  • No attribute points.
  • No pvp.
  • RealMoneyAuctionHouse.
  • WoW armor clones.
  • 4 players per game.

No thanks.

Exactly why i'm no longer excited for it either.

auction house is gone.

What wow armor clones?

I'm not nearly as excited as I was but I'll most likely get it.

Been playing the beta for a few months now.

The team who developed this made it a little too cute and simple minded.

Been playing the beta for a few months now.

The team who developed this made it a little too cute and simple minded.

This, in addition to the list above, is why I wont be buying it. Not dark enough for me and feels too much like WoW.

• No lan.
  • No offline-play.
  • No skill trees.
  • No attribute points.
  • No pvp.
  • RealMoneyAuctionHouse.
  • WoW armor clones.
  • 4 players per game.

No thanks.
QFT.

So they finally cut and chopped enough out of D3 to be able to announce a release date. I played through the beta again last week and really tried to like it, I really did, but I just couldn't. It's "Diablo III" in name only, with a small passing nod to old characters. It has MUCH more in common with WoW than D3... it even looks like WoW. If I hadn't already paid for it via the WoW annual pass, I wouldn't bother getting it at all.

Not to mention that for a game in 2012 the graphics are terrible, and the gameplay is better suited to a console.

Ahem. For those who aren't planning to get d3, i hope you look towards torchlight 2.

Frankly I think the beta is pretty terrible. The game they described at Blizzcon 2010 would have been terrific. But since that point all they have done is continuously remove feature after feature all the while snowing us with BS that it was an improvement. And the last updates have made the UI into a console UI.

There is really nothing left in the game. Even the runestones, which was the only feature left to give the game some spark were removed and no unlock at set levels. And most are CLEAR upgrades over previous runes so the claim of all this customization is nonsensical.

Even worse itemization is terrible. Worst of all is that ALL spells and abilities scale from weapon DPS. It is completely silly. The best weapon for a wizard in beta? A big two handed axe. Wands and wizard-like weapons are much less DPS so pretty much useless. It is completely lame.

I actually hate the game, and I went to 2 Blizzcons to play it. It is completely targeted at consoles and MMO players. Torchlight 2, Path of Exile, Grim Dawn are all looking right now to be much better games than Diablo 3.

Blizzard finally iterated their way to a bad game. It is dumbed down to the point of being completely bland and boring.

Maybe "reserve" isn't the right word to be used. Maybe "pre-order" is the right word to be used.

I guess what Blizzard is saying is that by "reserving" your copy now makes it so that at the stroke of Midnight on May 15th you will get your license of Diablo 3 whereas the rest of the world may end up having to wait while their servers are crushed under the weight of millions of users pushing that submit button.

Except you won't be able to play anyway due to their servers being crushed by the weight of millions of people trying to log into Battle.net and play Diablo 3 all at once. :p

Though with WoW you would think Blizzard should have sufficient server capacity, if anyone.

Back