'Jailbreak Free' iPhone Tethering HTML5 App Released

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Tether, the company that brought you the short lived iTether App in the Apple App Store is back with a new version HTML5 App. The new improved App will be pricey at $30 per year, but it must be good or Apple would never have booted them out in such short order. :D

Business users required to run AirWatch (or other similar software) and who are prohibited from jailbreaking by their employers :(

WoW that's bullshit. Takes away the whole point of owning an iPhone.

Why would you, really? The iPhone provides enough functionality as it is -- at least for me. :) I don't need more, it already has enough.

I agree...

because you know how to customize/crack your phone, doesn't mean you need to do it..

please name me some USEFUL things that you can do on your jailbroken phone that i can't do on my stock iphone 4s.

I agree...

because you know how to customize/crack your phone, doesn't mean you need to do it..

please name me some USEFUL things that you can do on your jailbroken phone that i can't do on my stock iphone 4s.

Jailbroken apps have this function called Cydia or something along those lines. It's basically a user-repository of free-apps and apps from many different sources. You can added in new respositories to access new free-apps and paid apps.

I think someone already mentioned adult apps available via Cydia but there's a ton of free-games that didn't get 'qualified' for Apple's network or didn't meet their 'criteria' for whatever reason. Also apps that are still waiting to get through the screening process that can be several weeks are often released on Cydia first.

So more apps, earlier apps, adult apps, apps that can't be found on iTunes. Yes, those are all things I can do with a jailbraked iPhone that you can't do with a non-jailbroken iPhone

Jailbroken apps have this function called Cydia or something along those lines. It's basically a user-repository of free-apps and apps from many different sources. You can added in new respositories to access new free-apps and paid apps.

I think someone already mentioned adult apps available via Cydia but there's a ton of free-games that didn't get 'qualified' for Apple's network or didn't meet their 'criteria' for whatever reason. Also apps that are still waiting to get through the screening process that can be several weeks are often released on Cydia first.

So more apps, earlier apps, adult apps, apps that can't be found on iTunes. Yes, those are all things I can do with a jailbraked iPhone that you can't do with a non-jailbroken iPhone

Oh, I forgot to mention Cydia has a bunch of emulator apps not allowed on iTunes for playing snes, nes, gameplay or whatever games.

Well, there's emulators
Wifi tethering

Lets not forget the little things such as mxtube, notifier+, safari download manager, firewall ip, ifile, 3g unrestrictor, call bar and anyringtune

Well, there's emulators
Wifi tethering

Lets not forget the little things such as mxtube, notifier+, safari download manager, firewall ip, ifile, 3g unrestrictor, call bar and anyringtune

I could already do wifi tethering. I guess your provider is blocking u?

be nice if you can tether to an ipad.

I can... Do it all the time. Setup personal hotspot on my iPhone and I just connect to it from my iPad

Don't blame apple If AT&T or whoever blocks ur stuff.

Im using Rogers in canada

So this will tether to your pc/mac and AT&T or Verizon won't ding you for tether charges?

So it's basically a webpage that can interact with the hardware or something outside the browser and another pc without needing to download a plugin? Is this some sort of exploit? I didn't know you were supposed to be able to do that from a webpage.:confused:

All i can think of is if the HTML page was simultaneously connected to two servers and was passing data between them. Some sort of remote server receives a page request from the PC, downloads it, encodes and the html on the phone downloads it and pushes it to the IIS server on the PC which then has a proprietary plugin that converts the raw data back into TCP/IP.

But then how would the html know the IP of the client PC?

I'll stick with PDANet. It's a one time fee and they hide your usage from your carrier (in case you don't have a tethering plan)

Still pretty neat though. I wonder how it works.

Back