100 Proof App Shows How Getting Drunk Is Killing You

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Ever have anyone tell you that your drinking will eventually kill you? Well if you have (and haven’t we all) there’s now an App for that. Chris Hogg from 100Plus is the creator of 100Proof that delivers a serious message in not-so-serious way so that you don’t mind being nagged. According to the App’s statistics, I’ve been dead for a little over five years. :D

Punch in what you drank last night and some biographical information, and you’ll see how you stack up against Americans and SXSW-goers, as well as the impact on your lifespan.

It said I've got 70 years left and I get way more hammered than the avg sxsw goer. Just another reason to party, right?

I don't drink every night, but I do what they say is the worse thing you can do, I binge drink. I get together with friends and drink way too much. Favorite beer is Pliny The Elder and it's 8% 500ML bottle. I usually put 6 to 10 of those a way in a session with a few shots of whiskey. But if my drinking has only taken a few days off my life, then so be it, I'm having fun and I rather have fun then live to 100.

This must be why I don't drink and think of it as pointless and stupid activity that only leads to bad things.

You must have really bad self control then, i have had my share of drinking and being drunk, but also not stupid retarded drunk and have had many good times with friends and family.

I get stupid retarded drunk all the time and 9/10 times it rules.

The other times I nail fattys.

Apparently im supposed to be dead by now. Good thing my trusty liver and good healthy diet is keeping away my near death. Who says 2 cases of beer and 6 liters of scotch whiskey per week is bad for you? Hippies i tell you!

That's odd, this app told me I lost 1 day and 11 hours last night off my lifespan by drinking '0' beers last night and weighing 185 pounds(85 kgs) @ 6'3 with a reasonable amount of muscle and about 11% body fat. :eek:?

Weird. I'm not quite sure why having 0 drinks caused me to die ...faster by 1 day and 11 hours last night? Is this app suggesting the old, you should have 1 glass of wine a day and you'll live longer?

yeah thats interesting but im confused by how many "drinks" is half a liter of vodka because ive drunk that yesterday, passed out, woke up all fucked up with my clothes on and my dog using me as a pillow...

plus at this moment im dedicating myself to finish the other half so how many "drinks" is that because i dont do "drinks", I DRINK LIKE A BOSS.

Why would I need an app for such a thing? The 4-day hangovers did a fine job of telling me alcohol was killing me :p

I just wish that I started drinking when I was younger. When I started (at 25...) as long as I didn't drink too much, I felt fine the next day. Now, at 31, one or two is enough for me to feel like crap... so I almost never drink.

So, nowadays, according to this, I'm not drinking myself to an early grave.

So the next App will be called "1000 Calories" which will tell you how much life you got left after munching two Big Mac's or better yet two of those humongous burgers from the Five Guys!

oh man, now i'm really feeling it... funny but yesterday i woke up like i was dying and today after the first coffe an cigar i feel kinda fine right now... huh no lessons learned i guess... business as usual just another day in the office lol

Back