ENERMAX Launches The DreamBass Genie

HardOCP News

[H] News
ENERMAX is proud to announce the launch of its first portable USB audio & amplifier, DreamBass Genie. With the latest audio-remix technology, it turns your music into solid bass enhancement, full surround sound as if you are in live concert, and lets you redefine the real-stereo experience.

The perfect bass with wide-scale high definition audio output is always a dream for the audiophiles. Yet the conventional PC or NB is usually depressed by its dull, vague, compressed, and noisy sound output due to low cost audio-chip, entry-level audio remix software or limited PCB layout. ENERMAX DreamBassTM USB audio & amplifier is the remedy for music fanatics. With the latest VIA VT1620A chips, plus ENERMAX audio expert’s unique bass algorithm and delicated low-interference PCB layout technique, DreamBassTM Genie provides solid bass, crystal clear sound and perfect audio separation. It simply makes your PC audio output equivalent to high-end Hi-Fi stereo amplifier, and lets you touch every musical note and tone.

Last edited:
Is that a suppository subwoofer or something? I don't think I need to get that into my music, but thanks for the offer Enermax. I wouldn't mind a reacharound though.

Yeah, looks like they were going for the amplifier tube look, what with the metalized top and blue led inside. Had it been an actual super compact tube amp that would have been impressive, but this just seems silly.

Because when I think audiophile a plastic pod meant to look like a tube but not really, and a 3.5mm mini jack are exactly what come to mind.

With the latest VIA VT1620A chips, plus ENERMAX audio expert’s unique bass algorithm and delicated low-interference PCB layout technique, DreamBassTM Genie provides solid bass, crystal clear sound and perfect audio separation.

What exactly does "delicated" mean?

As far as I can figure, it is the past tense of verbing the adjective "delicate"

Does that mean that they made it delicate so it breaks easily?

What exactly does "delicated" mean?

As far as I can figure, it is the past tense of verbing the adjective "delicate"

Does that mean that they made it delicate so it breaks easily?

Pretty sure that's a typo for dedicated. In this case meaning specifically designed for.

If they can't even edit their ad copy I am not holding out much hope for their magical audio engineering

The Enermax page looks like it was written by some third rate phisher. Is this even a real product? It sounds like a complete joke.

foreign companies always have fuck ups translating stuff to english.

And I am pretty sure this is for laptops to improve on what is ussually anemic sound. If it works then it's a good product.

I don't get why people are complaining.

this is the magic that will make those $29 pc speakers sound like $3k.

*cue Nelson Muntz*

oh, how cute. they even gave it the same red cord as those damn beats headphones I see everyone on the air force base wearing.

...except audiophiles usually aren't looking for bass monsters.

Usually a well balanced neutral sound is considered to be preferable.

Why the fuck would you go for this, and not for a USB Creative Recon3D, or even better, USB Creative X-Fi (Tons of reports coming in on the recon, everyone says the X-fi sounds better)

Err, ok it separates and amplifies bass.

From what source? Do I plug my sub woofer into that and leave the rest of the speakers plugged into my sound card?

" DreamBassTM Genie provides solid bass, crystal clear sound and perfect audio separation. It simply makes your PC audio output equivalent to high-end Hi-Fi stereo amplifier, and lets you touch every musical note and tone."

ROFLMAO.

you have no idea how good that's gonna look hooked up to my already tubed K8N Diamond Plus! :cool:

" DreamBassTM Genie provides solid bass, crystal clear sound and perfect audio separation. It simply makes your PC audio output equivalent to high-end Hi-Fi stereo amplifier, and lets you touch every musical note and tone."

ROFLMAO.

Tell me about it! A person could spend all week disecting that PR, but let's just pick out the obvious two points in that quoted part lol No one with a laptop is going to want to own something that "provides solid bass", as it would only be good for a Bass Competition (in which you wouldn't be even using a laptop for heh). I won't even touch the "high-end Hi-Fi" part and just skip to what I found the most hilarious... "lets you touch every musical note" *cough* Uuuhhh huh... Given the 3+ year-old nature of this product (the design at least), I'm going to have to pull out an older quote: "Drugs are bad, mmkay?" lol No, seriously! I think the only people who are able to "touch" a soundwave are tripping on acid or shroomz :D

Now, if you won't excuse me, it's 1AM and I have bass to dream about!! I don't snore... I drop sine-bombs haha

This is likely just something that filters and increases the bass from any audio source.

Protip: You can't ADD detail to something that didn't have it in the first place. Like converting a 320x200 image into a 6400x4000 image doesn't magically make it look as good as a 25 MP image.

You know like the studios nowadays that on most of the albums pump up bass and treble so that when the audio is turned into a low rate MP3 or youtube video it will sound slightly better on an average total crap system such as ipad speakers. They know that most people won't have a decent setup, so they want to make it sound a little better for the lowest common denominator. This is just more of the same.

Oh and they make it look like a vacuum tube (despite having nothing tubelike inside) to draw in people without a clue who are drawn in by looks alone. There may be some cases where tubes could sound better, but fake tubes are fake.

Edit: Yep, after I RTFA, I found this:
Built-in Hardware Linear Headphone Amplifier
‧Rocking standalone Bass Booster @ 80Hz, +6dB

Zarathustra[H];1038468771 said:
...except audiophiles usually aren't looking for bass monsters.

Usually a well balanced neutral sound is considered to be preferable.

As a self-styled audiophile, I agree entirely with this statement. What I want is something that will neutralize everyone else's bass so people never ever have to hear it when they don't want to, especially people that work real jobs and are trying to sleep at 3 AM when some jackass baller decides to go driving around in his little honda with the fart can and the supersized woofers at full "annoy the piss out of everyone" level. Build that, Enermax, and you'll not be able to keep them in stock.

foreign companies always have fuck ups translating stuff to english.

You know, if I were a business trying to market something in Japan or Korea, I wouldn't just wing it and try the translation myself.

I'd hire a fluent speaker of Japanese/Korean to do it for me.

I don't understand why we have these kind of issues.

Protip: You can't ADD detail to something that didn't have it in the first place. Like converting a 320x200 image into a 6400x4000 image doesn't magically make it look as good as a 25 MP image

You have to do it just like in the movies :p

*enhance*

Last edited:
Edit: Yep, after I RTFA, I found this:

Built-in Hardware Linear Headphone Amplifier
‧Rocking standalone Bass Booster @ 80Hz, +6dB

Looks like another product for the same people who bought the whole "beats" thing.

IMHO, there is nothing wrong with having a strong preference for Bass at the expense of everything else (except maybe when considering hearing loss) but please don't try to sell it as "audiphile" anything...

That being said, it DOES look like it has its own DAC, which MAY be better than most onboard sound. I'm not sure, I'm not familiar with it.

Don't computers already have equalizers to do this? I know mine does, plus winamp does too. Not sure about cell phones though. I'm pretty sure teh portable mp3 players have equalizers too.

What? lossy compression and earbud speakers aren't "audiophile"??

Back