iPad Leads Cops To Huge Drug Bust

HardOCP News

[H] News
Reason #2,343,578 not to steal an iPad. I like how the article says you can have $35 million in dope but still not enough to buy an iPad. :D

Palo Alto police were apparently looking for a single stolen iPad when they arrived Thursday at The Woods, a sprawling apartment complex on Snell Road, according to the Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office. The cops had tracked the iPad via GPS, said Assistant District Attorney David Tomkins. Much to their amazement, the officers found 780 pounds of crystal meth scattered around the place, worth about $35 million.

Dumbasses. All they had to do was decline the warrant-less search and dump it while the cops were searching for a judge willing to sign a search warrant over an iPad.

Guess this is why dumb people are criminals...

One thing the article doesn't mention. Did the guy get his iPad back or is it being held as "evidence".

780 punds of meth is not worth $35 million...maybe $20 million tops...

Cops just about always inflate the value of seized drugs. Wish they'd stop doing it --- it make them look pretty bad to a portion of the US that already disrespects police.

I'm too lazy to do the math but figure street price of $60 per quarter gram.

Damn, a few hundred pounds more and they would have had enough to buy an iPad...

That value actually doesn't seem to be too inflated, I suppose. I was a bit hasty with my comment.

if someone stole my phone and the gps or wireless status is showing an active location report.. there would be probable cause..

specially since my phone will report the details of the simcard in it if its changed and will survive a boot menu factory reset ;-)

So thats where the shipments from Los Pollos Hermanos goes.

That dude is crafty

Dumbasses. All they had to do was decline the warrant-less search and dump it while the cops were searching for a judge willing to sign a search warrant over an iPad.

Guess this is why dumb people are criminals...
Or maybe cops have started sprinkling "stolen" goods around when they can't get a warrant to do what they want.

So meth costs more than an iPad? Apple is in the wrong business. If they wanted to get people addicted to their product I think meth would be a better choice. :D

Sounds like a Klepto thing than anything else! Maybe we should ask Li-Loh for verification!

Stupid is as stupid does.

You can always tell a moron, but only so much. And they'll ignore you anyway.

Smart criminals don't get caught by mixing up their criminal activity. If they manufacture/distribute drugs, they don't steal or do anything else to compromise the core.

Dumb criminals accept stolen (or police-baited) property to get caught.

So meth costs more than an iPad? Apple is in the wrong business. If they wanted to get people addicted to their product I think meth would be a better choice. :D

You never know, maybe parts of the iPad are meth in crystal format, could explain its high price!

Apple's next product launch:

Introducing the iV, now you can inject the koolaid straight into your system! (Just as soon as we sue all those hospitals out of existence for stealing our magical idea.)

:D

Back