Foxconn Turns To X-ray Inspections to Cut Defects

HardOCP News

[H] News
Wait, are we talking about the products or the employees getting the x-rays to cut down on defects? Hey, this is Foxconn, you have to ask. :D

It is not known whether Foxconn was responding to new quality concerns or simply trying to improve its production processes. Based on Foxconn's recent history, there's evidence to believe that its emphasis on automation may well be connected to management's desire to combat higher labor costs.

The main problem that I see is that soft tissue doesn't show up on an x-ray.

Heh. I had to double check a few of your previous posts to make sure you weren't serious.

They should just go with psych evaluations... that's where their real problem lies. :D

I can only imagine that, in China, finding a patient-oriented clinical psychologist would be like trying to find a lawyer in heaven.

I'm surprised they don't do this already to some level. Where I used to work our manufacture had a x-ray machine to inspect PCBs and solder joints.

I would've thought a manufacturer like foxconn would've already been doing this. But I guess labor is just that cheap in china.

I thought the headline read: "Foxconn Turns to X-ray Inspections to Cut Defectors". Never know, the inmates may be trying to escape in boxes over there.

They need to combat higher labor costs? Like what, slave labor costs are becoming outrageous now?

Just wait until they get rid of labor completely and have nothing but a CEO, upper management and a few middle management and technicians.. then they'll start cutting their wages deeply complaining they ask for too much...

Being China you just know for a fact that all health and safety measures will be in place.

They need to combat higher labor costs? Like what, slave labor costs are becoming outrageous now?

Just wait until they get rid of labor completely and have nothing but a CEO, upper management and a few middle management and technicians.. then they'll start cutting their wages deeply complaining they ask for too much...

More like trying to cut down on high product failure rate.

Seriously?

I work at an electronics plant in the states :)eek: hard to believe, I know right :D) and we use x-ray inspection techniques all the time, and most of the time its completely automated. (just look up AXI x-ray machines in google)

Is Foxconn's quality so bad that they are just now catching up to where the rest of the electronics contract manufacturing world was over 5 years ago?

x ray machines cost money and that would drive their prices up. maybe they got Apple to give them some of their $90 B and they spent it on an X-ray machine

Now all those yuppie hipsters can rejoice, use their iCrap guilt free, and say that they've won now that they got rid of the "inhumane" work conditions at Foxconn. I guess it's back to subsistence farming for all those displaced workers.

Back