More Halo 4 Info

Halo is sort of a guilty pleasure of mine...

Sure the story is cliche, but for some reason I have always loved it. Hopefully 343 doesn't completely derail the series.

....they need to make a PC version

Never happen. The Halo series is the best example that MS is lying through their teeth when they say they want to support PC gaming. After the horrible Halo 2 port,they completely abandoned it,and considering how the franchise has turned out,that may actually be a blessing.

God damn i love me some halo its the main reason i have a 360 just like killzone and god of war are why i have a PS3 everything has a place i have my PC favorites too not everything needs to be crossplatform i think when that happens a unique part of that game is lost.

Microsoft doesn't give a shit about pc gamers and why should they when they get way more money from their xbox crowd than they would if they put the game on pc. I could see them making a pc version and making you pay for xbox live to play the multiplayer. Halo is the only game i even like for multiplayer on 360 but its not worth the fee to play it maybe once or twice a week.

They don't even offer a server browser or dedicated servers on a this first party game and your making us pay for xbox live? I would just love to see how well that would fly on pc. So now I don't even play it anymore... screw halo and M$.

Halo, the guys who ripped of the Tribes series that launched in 1998, the same year as the original Unreal?

PASS!

Tribes 1 and Tribes 2 will never be surpassed. But Tribes Ascend in the new shit. All things aside it's actually a kick ass game and FREE.... for the PC..... NOW!

Download the open beta, full release is expected shortly. Game will be F2P unless you want to buy some gold to make some instant upgrades :p

www.tribesascend.com

COD noobs don't even waste your time with this game. You do not have the patience or skill to amount to shit in this game. So in other words, I guess it's great news to hear that Halo 4 is not too far down the pipe!

At this point I kinda feel like the Halo franchise's teats are so chapped they're in danger of falling off.

I guess though, like CoD, there will always be a stream of teenage console noobs who will buy this stuff.

Man, I was expecting really amazing graphics and then started seeing the gameplay footage/models/in-development footage and went 'WTheck?'. Quickly remembered its being made for the Xbox 360. :p

At this point I kinda feel like the Halo franchise's teats are so chapped they're in danger of falling off.

I guess though, like CoD, there will always be a stream of teenage console noobs who will buy this stuff.

reach was pretty good I thought. ODST was annoying as hell, I hated how they told the story so bad I never finished it

Can't wait! These games have yet to disappoint me personally. The only reason I still have my xbox.

reach was pretty good I thought. ODST was annoying as hell, I hated how they told the story so bad I never finished it

I hated ODST's story, but it was the first (and only TBH) console shooter that made me want to get better at aiming. Headshots were important if you wanted to stay alive for any length of time. What little skill I have with a 360 controller came almost completely from Reach.

Never happen. The Halo series is the best example that MS is lying through their teeth when they say they want to support PC gaming. After the horrible Halo 2 port,they completely abandoned it,and considering how the franchise has turned out,that may actually be a blessing.
well I dont think its about MS not wanting to support PC gaming. They just want to support their console more by having console exclusives and who can blame them with the Halo franchise? Halo is the single biggest reason why the Xbox is where its at today.

I like all except for halo 2, thought odst was a pretty fun game as well, can't wait for this one to drop, love the halo series.

What happened to Bungie anyway? Surprised to see they are no longer working on this franchise... though I haven't been following Halo closely after Halo 2.

well I dont think its about MS not wanting to support PC gaming. They just want to support their console more by having console exclusives and who can blame them with the Halo franchise? Halo is the single biggest reason why the Xbox is where its at today.

The only interest MS had in PC gaming was when they saw how lucrative Steam was for Valve. But GFWL is such a joke that their console is all they care about now.

Fun things which belong in list A:
•Duplos
•Go-Karts
•Checkers
•Halo

Fun things which belong in list B:
•Legos
•Formula 1
•Chess
•Quake

Are there any questions?

I dunno, man, there are some pretty bad-ass custom go-karts out there.

Maybe bumper cars would be more appropriate? :cool:

Fun things which belong in list A:
•Duplos
•Go-Karts
•Checkers
•Halo

Fun things which belong in list B:
•Legos
•Formula 1
•Chess
•Quake

Are there any questions?

I'd rather DRIVE a go-kart than WATCH someone drive an F1 car.

That's just me though.

I dunno, man, there are some pretty bad-ass custom go-karts out there.

Maybe bumper cars would be more appropriate? :cool:

No joke. I saw some clips of go karts doing around 4 second 0-60 and like 85 to 90 mph top end. sic! I had a friend, dont know what he done, but he had one of those cheap 5 hp go carts. We clocked at 50 on a straight dirt road. I took it for a spin, and the front end would almost lift off the ground during certain speeds/acceleration.

What happened to Bungie anyway? Surprised to see they are no longer working on this franchise... though I haven't been following Halo closely after Halo 2.

This happened to Bungie...

On October 5, 2008, Bungie announced that it had split with Microsoft and become a privately held independent company, Bungie LLC. The company later incorporated and signed a ten-year publishing deal with Activision Blizzard.

I have no edit button so i would have added this to my previous post.

Official story is Bungie wanted to get their freedom back and make other games beside halo and games for other platforms. So some of the employees got together and bought the company back from MS. Some employees though, still wanted to work on halo and left Bungie to form 343 under MS. Everything dealing with the halo universe is owned by MS per Bungie leaving agreement.

Unofficially: After working on halo universe for 10 years, we need to do somehting else. Also probably job security had something to do with it. Remember MS killed quite a few of their own studios for whatever reasons.

So far, 343i seem to be pretty good and have shown they love the love the halo universe. I get the feeling from the recent halo reach title update, they plan on taking halo 4 back towards halo 2/3 feel gameplay. Instead of the bastardised CoD meets halo 2/3 that reach was.

I have no edit button so i would have added this to my previous post.

Official story is Bungie wanted to get their freedom back and make other games beside halo and games for other platforms. So some of the employees got together and bought the company back from MS. Some employees though, still wanted to work on halo and left Bungie to form 343 under MS. Everything dealing with the halo universe is owned by MS per Bungie leaving agreement.

Unofficially: After working on halo universe for 10 years, we need to do somehting else. Also probably job security had something to do with it. Remember MS killed quite a few of their own studios for whatever reasons.

So far, 343i seem to be pretty good and have shown they love the love the halo universe. I get the feeling from the recent halo reach title update, they plan on taking halo 4 back towards halo 2/3 feel gameplay. Instead of the bastardised CoD meets halo 2/3 that reach was.

Ugh, Halo Reach was crap. Stuff it in the dumpster out back and let's get back on track.

Ugh, Halo Reach was crap. Stuff it in the dumpster out back and let's get back on track.

I agree there. Bungie did game designs in reach, to hopefully attract CoD players, and utterly ruined the gameplay. Technically reach is good game, though its not a great game like the previous 1/2/3 are. Sadly though, we are stuck with reach till the holdiay season. Have you tried halo reach since the title update? The fixed alot of the issues that ruined the gameplay.

I agree there. Bungie did game designs in reach, to hopefully attract CoD players, and utterly ruined the gameplay. Technically reach is good game, though its not a great game like the previous 1/2/3 are. Sadly though, we are stuck with reach till the holdiay season. Have you tried halo reach since the title update? The fixed alot of the issues that ruined the gameplay.

When was the update? I haven't played it in at least 2 months.

Back