MSI Z77A-GD65 'Ivy Bridge' Motherboard

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are building a socket 1155 system, the crew at Legit Reviews recommend the MSI Z77A-GD65 motherboard. Here's a quote from the review:

It's going to be an interesting ride for the Intel Z77 chipset. It is looking like the only difference is the addition of the SuperSpeed USB 3.0. The problem with the Intel Z77 chipset is that it doesn't feature anything really worth upgrading for over the Intel Z68 system. If your looking to build a new system with either a Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge processor, the Intel Z77 would be the way to go. If you're on an existing 'Sandy Bridge' system, there really isn't a good reason to make the switch...

"If you're on an existing 'Sandy Bridge' system, there really isn't a good reason to make the switch... " Thats a relief. Now I can sleep at night. Oh shoot I'm on a P67 does that include me.

Any word on when Z77 motherboards are going to be available? I'm going to start a build around a 2500k and might as well wait for these boards to hit the market. I know the only differnce is the USB 3.0 but might as well get a Z77 if it drops soon.

Any word on when Z77 motherboards are going to be available? I'm going to start a build around a 2500k and might as well wait for these boards to hit the market. I know the only differnce is the USB 3.0 but might as well get a Z77 if it drops soon.

Thinking this should be in early April. Not sure what waiting is REALLY going to get you in terms of real world performance.

We will have a big ASUS Z77 sneak peak in the next 24 hours.

Good to hear it's a great board around a great price. Will definitely be looking at this... but only wish it had more SATA ports.

Back