Mozilla Introduces Collusion

I D/Led and installed Collusion, but not sure how it works?
I enabled "Sounds" when cookies are set, so when I clicked comments, login, and post reply, I heard s sound each time, so I presume that HardOCP has just set three tracking cookies just sine I added Collusion to my system?
At least this will remind me to "Remove All Cookies" more often.

You need to turn the add-on bar to see it. It'll be a red circle with the center being white. So far, HardOCP is tracking HardOCP forum. Makes sense.

It's actually amazing to watch how quickly during normal browsing that you'll see the graph just explode out. And also how so many send data to common data collection companies. Mozilla have made the tinfoil brigade all that much more concerned I imagine.

Interesting.. Unfortunately I don't have Firefox installed :(

I have all those sites blocked in hosts.

If they can get through a name resolution to 127.0.0.1 be my guest

Doesn't work here, just see a black screen with some text on the left side. noscript must be interfering with it. Don't need it with noscript anyway because you can see all the snooper urls in noscript.

Doesn't work here, just see a black screen with some text on the left side. noscript must be interfering with it. Don't need it with noscript anyway because you can see all the snooper urls in noscript.

That sums it up. NoScript will tell you. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between advertisers and content delivery networks though. NoScript would be better off if it used data from this addon to classify each domain it lists so it's easier to know exactly what types of domains you are looking at.

Demo looked neat, however I really don't feel like upgrading firefox past 3.6 to use it.

You used to have the ability to choose whether or not to accept cookies with Firefox. Oops. They whacked that feature a while ago. I think it was somewhere around version 158.76 or so.

Between Priv3 and the "Antisocial" subscrition for ABP I have very little tracking me. Still a bit, but not a whole lot. It's those versatile subscriptions that always made me question the usability of NoScript.

Besides all that; it's stuff like this that makes me continually love Mozilla :D

You used to have the ability to choose whether or not to accept cookies with Firefox. Oops. They whacked that feature a while ago. I think it was somewhere around version 158.76 or so.

You mean the ability to block third party cookies? Yeah, that's still in there.

That sums it up. NoScript will tell you. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between advertisers and content delivery networks though. NoScript would be better off if it used data from this addon to classify each domain it lists so it's easier to know exactly what types of domains you are looking at.

Use middle mouse button to click the url in noscript and it will give you the report you need using five different services.

WOT Scorecard about googleadservices.com
McAfee SiteAdvisor® rating for googleadservices.com
Webmaster Tips Site Information about googleadservices.com
Safe Browsing Diagnostic on googleadservices.com
hpHost Report on googleadservices.com

You mean the ability to block third party cookies? Yeah, that's still in there.

I think he means the ability to accept and reject every cookie that pops up. Doing that gets annoying quick, but then so can noscript.

Back