Ivy Bridge Release Date

xsmokex

n00b
April 8th which was the original launch date for both CPUs and motherboards, will instead consist of just motherboard vendors releasing models based on the Z77, Z75, H77, and B75 chipsets. These motherboards will work with existing Sandy Bridge CPUs but Ivy Bridge itself wont be ready. April 29th will be the new launch date for the Intel Ivy Bridge processors, the NDA will lift and reviews will go live on this date.

Source

The sources source transalted

Last edited:
Hmmm with no competition by AMD in sight, I wonder if Intel even needs to release these. Unless sales on the i7s are slowing down and enthusiasts need new toys to play with.

There alot of people that skipped SB, so I think the demand will be strong. Also yeah bring on them new moboz!!

It's not really a science fiction. 50 years ago they had vacuum tube monochrome TVs, look at tech today

That's my point. If all you want is the latest and the greatest, the longer you wait, the better you are off.

Skipped SB as well.

1327995693459.jpg

Fine, holding out for more cores and something faster than what I have, then.
The quad core processors became the mainstream and will remain for a while. The dual cores didn't enter mainstream use prior to 2005 - After 20 years of mainstream computing. So I believe we wont be getting any more than 4-8 core desktop CPUs in recent years.

Fine, holding out for more cores and something faster than what I have, then.

You're in for quite a wait man.

There's zero incentive for Intel to release anything like that in the consumer space, and 8-core Xeon E5s still aren't readily available.

I been slowly building a new gaming rig for about 2 months now. Ordering part by part. All I have left to order is my cpu and mono. I really dunno if I want to wait any longer. Ugh.

The quad core processors became the mainstream and will remain for a while. The dual cores didn't enter mainstream use prior to 2005 - After 20 years of mainstream computing. So I believe we wont be getting any more than 4-8 core desktop CPUs in recent years.

You're in for quite a wait man.

There's zero incentive for Intel to release anything like that in the consumer space, and 8-core Xeon E5s still aren't readily available.

And that's fine with me. GPU upgrades provide far more bang for your buck these days. I have a feeling my 980X will keep up with the demands placed on it by games and general software for quite some time.

who thinks I should just order 2700k now with z68 mobo? I got everything else ready to roll.

Corsair 650D
Corsair AX850
Corsair H100
Corsair Force GT 120GB
Corsair Force GT 60GB
WD Caviar Black 1TB
PNY Nvidia 560 Ti

who thinks I should just order 2700k now with z68 mobo? I got everything else ready to roll.

Corsair 650D
Corsair AX850
Corsair H100
Corsair Force GT 120GB
Corsair Force GT 60GB
WD Caviar Black 1TB
PNY Nvidia 560 Ti

I'd do it!

Corsair 650D
Corsair AX850
Corsair H100
Corsair Force GT 120GB
Corsair Force GT 60GB
WD Caviar Black 1TB
PNY Nvidia 560 Ti

someone sure likes corsair :eek: also yeah I would just buy now. the wait keeps getting longer not shorter.

i have the 2700k and a asrock z68 and i am loving it hit 5.3gz and got ss and i bet i could go higher but im scurred

I skipped SB and last gen video too, so I'm also ready for IB.

So would the release date be closer to end of May?

I've got my sig for system - just wanna play me some GTA IV with a quad core!

Corsair 650D
Corsair AX850
Corsair H100
Corsair Force GT 120GB
Corsair Force GT 60GB
WD Caviar Black 1TB
PNY Nvidia 560 Ti

1 more month wait is too long for you? Also, it's not like your current system is a Pentium 4 that you really NEED to upgrade now. What application/games does not run well on your SB i3?

1 more month wait is too long for you? Also, it's not like your current system is a Pentium 4 that you really NEED to upgrade now. What application/games does not run well on your SB i3?

It was closer to two months when he posted that, but I agree with you. I just started buying my parts for my IB build yesterday. RAM and heat sink are on the way. MB/CPU not available yet and GPU/SSD I'm buying last minute in case of potential price drops.

My Q6600 has served me well for over 4 years but it's time for bigger and better.

Corsair 650D
Corsair AX850
Corsair H100
Corsair Force GT 120GB
Corsair Force GT 60GB
WD Caviar Black 1TB
PNY Nvidia 560 Ti
That itch must have been pretty strong to have contemplated such a small jump with a new mobo purchase to boot. Guessing from the sig, you haven't pulled the trigger, so what's another month? (heh, if you're like me, another month is forever)

One thing is that that 560 ti might look a little sad in your pci-e 3 system down the line, but that's what the refresh will be for later this year, and you can get an awesome graphics bump :D

I'm more interested in how long they're going to delay Ivy Bridge-E . If they release it, with significant price realignments more like the 1366 socket i7s, and/or performance increases over SB-E (Isn't it supposed to bring the high end to 8-core w/HT ?) then I'll upgrade. However, I read a rumor that it is going to be locked down Q1 next year or something like that, and by that time I expect Haswell will be coming soon. Maybe it was AMD lighting a fire under their asses, but it seemed like during the socket 1366 era Intel was doing everything right by the enthusiast market, but they've seemingly done a complete about-face - now the "-E" variants come out much later than the mainstream chips, the prices are sky high across the entire platform. I don't want to see this continue.

I'm hangin with my good ol' Penryn 'till the pins fall of this bitch. :D

Bring me haswell.

I'm more interested in how long they're going to delay Ivy Bridge-E . If they release it, with significant price realignments more like the 1366 socket i7s, and/or performance increases over SB-E (Isn't it supposed to bring the high end to 8-core w/HT ?) then I'll upgrade. However, I read a rumor that it is going to be locked down Q1 next year or something like that, and by that time I expect Haswell will be coming soon. Maybe it was AMD lighting a fire under their asses, but it seemed like during the socket 1366 era Intel was doing everything right by the enthusiast market, but they've seemingly done a complete about-face - now the "-E" variants come out much later than the mainstream chips, the prices are sky high across the entire platform. I don't want to see this continue.

Granted, this a rumour site and they are talking about IB-EP and IB-EX, but it's looking like Q1-2013 which would not surprise me at all.

http://vr-zone.com/articles/ivy-bri...--the-multi-socket-platform-heaven/15488.html

Back