SNES PC Build Project - Part II

This project is so full of win. If I could I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Things i especially enjoyed about this video:

1. Selection of Super Metroid, my favorite game of all-time.
2. Use of SNES game music throughout the video.
3. His friend wearing a Tool shirt, as I paused Vicarious to watch this video.

Bravo DaBuddMon, bravo.

Pretty cool stuff.

I can't say I would have went through the trouble he went through to get it to fit in that enclosure.

Incredible - the most amazing part to me was how each game had its own box/cartridge and a preview.

Very nice. Is there a software/part#/cost breakdown somewhere in the forums already?

Awesome!

Anyone else notice the quick focusing shot onto a Nintendo 64 at 15:03? A subtle hint perhaps?

I'm very impressed with this system, he did a great job and the nostalgic value is through the roof! :cool:

Great video DaBuddMon. I remember watching your first video on the project too, good work.

Great video DaBuddMon. I remember watching your first video on the project too, good work.

Thanks. I took your advice and improved the voice-over stuff. I actually found that the way I was recording the voice-over was part of the issue - ended up using a different mic and what a world of difference that made.

Appreciate the kudos everyone.

Thanks. I took your advice and improved the voice-over stuff. I actually found that the way I was recording the voice-over was part of the issue - ended up using a different mic and what a world of difference that made.

One thing I'm wondering - the OS you used, is there a way I can get my hands on it? I can get the games, and I can built the hardware, but the OS and perhaps the way you implemented it I would love to understand.

Thank you.

Yeah you sound very natural here. I like it.

great job im tempted to break out my old consoles and do the same to them

"Its the difference in playing a game, and watching a game".

So true by today's standards.

Things i especially enjoyed about this video:

1. Selection of Super Metroid, my favorite game of all-time.
2. Use of SNES game music throughout the video.
3. His friend wearing a Tool shirt, as I paused Vicarious to watch this video.

Bravo DaBuddMon, bravo.

Vicarious and Jambi ...awesome songs. =P

Love the choice in music....especially the credits FFVI / III is awesome. Going to have to dig out the SNES now :)

One thing I'm wondering - the OS you used, is there a way I can get my hands on it? I can get the games, and I can built the hardware, but the OS and perhaps the way you implemented it I would love to understand.

Thank you.

It's Windows 7 Pro due to the fact that Hyperspin will only run on Windows. I used msconfig to hide the boot logo, shelled Hyperspin in place of explorer.exe, and did some minor dll hacking to remove the login messages. There are guides all over the internet on how to hide Windows - esp in the Hyperspin forums since that is what most other members want.

Hyper spin is the shit but HyperPin is incredible too, Digital Pinball using 3 LCDs is awesome.

Excellent work on both the PC and the video. You made improvements in both areas. ;)

Absolutely amazing work. Excellent video too - I appreciate the humor and documentary style.

So much want!

DaBuddMon, I applaud your dedication and attention to detail. Excellent job on that, and I'm glad to see you got it all working. The SNES and NES are still amazing systems even today; and the sheer volume of amazing titles made growing up in the 80s and 90s fantastic experience. And, yeah, the N64 at the end I just loved that. Your narration was just fine and the inclusion of the music was a fantastic homage as well. Great job and enjoy the fruits of your labor.

this is just awesome i must say! i would so be up for buying one of these! time for mass production!

Back