Lemon Receipt Tracking App Reaches 1M Users

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The App may have a lemon of a name, but not so the product. Lemon keeps track of all of your receipts and files them away categorically. It is a cross-platform App, currently with over 1M users and growing.

Try getting a retailer to take a screen shot as an ORIGINAL receipt. Nice idea to a point I guess.

Good for personal reference and tracking expenses for work or something. Not so good for the retail shopper as Ape said. When I get a new phone I'll probably use this.

If you need to track of your expenses... Umm, what about checking your statement or credit balance?

Is this app just for convenience? I don't get it. Don't find it useful. Unless, of course, you're a person who only carries cash in wallet. I highly doubt there are too many of these people who have smart phones though.

If you need to track of your expenses... Umm, what about checking your statement or credit balance?

Yeah, it easier to just use electronic statements to track stuff but this is a good way to also have an electronic copy of if POS receipt though more and more people email those now.

At the end of the day, there really should be the need for an app to do any of this, it should be all handled on the back-end where the charge is made, the receipt gets attached to the transaction, all automatic and seamless.

Try getting a retailer to take a screen shot as an ORIGINAL receipt. Nice idea to a point I guess.

Sears and Kmart do an electronic receipt when you purchase in-store and have a Shop Your Way Rewards account.
You get a little stub in the store with a confirmation number and the full receipt is emailed to you.
When I went to exchange something, I just used the receipt on my iPhone.

Is this app just for convenience? I don't get it. Don't find it useful. Unless, of course, you're a person who only carries cash in wallet. I highly doubt there are too many of these people who have smart phones though.

Many people have legitimate needs for full receipts. Company reimbursements, warranty purposes, etc.

Can't wait to go viral with this... forget Tupperware parties, we'll have Lemon parties!

Oh look, they already have a website...

I've been using Evernote to do this for a long time. Mostly just to keep track of when a purchase was made, serial numbers and any other info I might need for one reason or another

I've been using Evernote to do this for a long time. Mostly just to keep track of when a purchase was made, serial numbers and any other info I might need for one reason or another

I've been doing this with OneNote for a decade now.

I have to wonder with these apps., who besides the account owner are they keeping a record for? Maybe it's just my paranoia (too much LDS in the sixties) but, I don't want this detailed purchase history out there without my complete control.

This isn't anything new. There's software and specialized scanners that do this already. Just be careful because they're going to use your receipts for fun and profit.

My mom always told me to keep all my receipts. I hate the paper. This works as a compromise!

Back