Aussie Woman Scams Nigerians For $30k

HardOCP News

[H] News
When you first read the headline, you'd think this is going to be the feel good story of the day. Unfortunately, it isn't.

Her job was to provide an Australian bank account through which they could funnel any payments they received through their dodgy account on a popular car sales website. Cochrane-Ramsey was to keep eight per cent of all money paid into her account and forward the rest to the Nigerian scammers. However, the court heard she kept the two payments she received - totaling $33,350 - and spent most of it on herself.

It's fortunate she intercepted the money but she definitely deserves some serious penalties, especially since she thought the Nigerians were legit.

What a surprise, another person with bankrupt morals. I was surprised the nigerians reported the fraud to the police. Doesn't that call their activity into question?

What a surprise, another person with bankrupt morals. I was surprised the nigerians reported the fraud to the police. Doesn't that call their activity into question?

They didn't. The people who thought they were buying something but then never got what they paid for called the police. She didn't really steal from the Nigerians, she stole from innocent people the Nigerians were planning to scam. She just got there first and kept the money despite having agreed to send 92% of the payments onto the Nigerians.

Edit: NVM, it was the BUYERS not sellers. Why didn't any other buyers in the past report it to police? Why did it take till these two for them to be reported?

She should of opened an ING account in a false name with false ID or stolen ID from someones mail box. Then she could of withdrawn the money from a shopping center with a hat on and got away with it... just sayin...

LMAO, the scammers reported her... that's pretty ballsy of them.

nope, thread title is misleading.

some fraud victims reported being scammed. the police then traced the money to her account.

she's equally guilty as the nigerian scammers because she's working for them. it's just ironic (but not surprising) that she stole from her scammer employers.

I posted my resume on a well known job posting site and got a reply from Russia, asking me to open up a bank account, cash checks in a brand new account of a banking branch ( other than the one that I personally use ) and keep 3%.

nope, thread title is misleading.

some fraud victims reported being scammed. the police then traced the money to her account.

she's equally guilty as the nigerian scammers because she's working for them. it's just ironic (but not surprising) that she stole from her scammer employers.

Which I find ironic and hillarious.

you can't beat the scammers by spending stolen money.

But I am glad the nigerians didn't get their loot.

I would have just held the money to piss off the nigerians. Eventually, the bank would come and take all the money back.

This is hilarious! Glad she got these scammers back!

Did you actually read anything beyond Steve's deceptive thread post? She plead guilty of fraud, has to make restitution to the people she was helping the Nigerians scam, and will be sentenced next month.

Meanwhile the Nigerians have almost certainly found another patsy and are still living it large by ripping people off.

Back