Man Gets Served On Facebook, Literally

HardOCP News

[H] News
Holy hell, how embarrassing would this be?

But, in a pretrial for a commercial dispute, these old-fashioned methods proved fruitless. The prosecuting team then decided to check online, and noticed recent updates on defendant Fabio De Biase's profile. Satisfied it was currently active, they sought permission to send documents via the website, with Justice Nigel Teare duly obliging.

Damn if only it was legal to send these suits via electronic means here, then those who try to avoid the suits can't. Although there needs to be some accountability to prove they in fact got said document.

You could probably subpoena facebook to produce some sever activity logs to see if the either the message was opened or any activity was taken on the account after the attempted service.

We all know facebook records everything you do anyway.

If he was a dumb criminal, he'd comment on it. That'd make it even more hilarious.

You could probably subpoena facebook to produce some sever activity logs to see if the either the message was opened or any activity was taken on the account after the attempted service.

We all know facebook records everything you do anyway.

Doesn't matter you need to have proof that the person who opened said message was in fact the person being served. Hell if I wanted I could log onto my wife's facebook without much fuss. This is why when serving papers the process server is simply someone not connected with the case so they can be a witness (signed paperwork) that said that person did in fact get served with the papers.

Can we sue judges for moronic behavior? Daaaamn, I thought about that for a second, and I have to say that does perfectly fit this situation (and many others). This is beyond moronic.

fake edit: Thanks for clarifying fenixv. Makes a bit more sense, however it sounds just as likely to happen in the US given our latest trend of stupidity involving laws and taking away our rights daily.

Back