Facial Recognition Billboard Only Shows Ads to Women

HardOCP News

[H] News
Using technology to intentionally discriminate against men by NOT showing them ads? Please discriminate against me more and show all the commercials on TV to the women too please. I think this falls into the category of "You're doing it wrong!"

The billboard is meant to promote Plan UK's "Because I am a Girl" campaign, which aims to fight gender inequality. By discriminating against males, Plan UK hopes that men will get a taste "of what it's like to have basic choices taken away."

ha! I like it.

Lets spend a ton of money on facial recognition software for a god damn billboard. Whooo!

What's really fucked up is if you view it, are a man, and it thinks your lady, if this was the good ol' US of A there probably would be some lawsuits that come about from it when someone inevitably gets his ass kicked for being a "woman" :D

Next step, advertise a club or something... no people with overly high melanin counts please :D

what it is like to have basic choices taken away? fuck you..

i want time off when my wife is pregnant...

i want tits so i can get anything i want in life for the most part.....

i want 'personal' time off when cause i am on my rag.....

i want free drinks all night bought for me cause i got a nice ass!

i love how women think they have it so hard for some things, they want equal rights and when they get them they complain about how hard it is and too much work.

Well if you've never seen feminine hygiene advertisements, you couldn't be asked to pick them up at the store. Ignorance is bliss.

Now if only they could do that to eliminate the feminine product commercials when you are watching tv. Seriously, I think even women would wear a fake beard to get rid of those. :p

Plan UK, I don't think that word means what you think it means. If you REALLY wanted to discriminate then the billboard should take a mans money and give it to the next woman who visits the billboard...

Wait... Nevermind... That's already been done... It's called a Bar.

Yay! Positive discrimination! It's discrimination but positive! :D

Be careful with that, while I'm with everyone else, give all ads to them, no form of discrimination is positive.

Only a derailed mind can think of fighting gender discrimination against women by discriminating against men, the problem is, it is becoming more and more common everyday and we get used to it with the small and silly things, like this one.

Once read that sexist stereotypes are ok as long as they are directed against men, I guess it's true.

Now if only they could do that to eliminate the feminine product commercials when you are watching tv. Seriously, I think even women would wear a fake beard to get rid of those. :p

Just imagine a tv like those new sony 3d playstation monitors that can also show two screens at once. Have one pair of glasses can see the feminine stuff while the other shows the stuff men want for commercials.

Only a feminist would think people would be indignant over something like this, or hell, be indignant over half the BS they think actually matters. No doubt a lot of guys are thinking right now, 'only a woman could think something so fail would be a good idea' and they'd be wrong but oh boy what I wouldn't give to hear what the women who made this would say about that, what I wouldn't give...

I am trying to figure out how this negatively affects me as a male...I am coming up with nothing so I will just encourage more technology that only shows ads to women so I don't have to be bothered by them.

This would work great on TV. Wife suffers the commercials and I watch what I want to watch.

4162010103910AM_633949072112678385-doublestandards.jpg

lol. Right, fighting gender inequality by annoying females only. That will teach the guys a lesson.

Isn't all form of advertising discriminatory in some way? The purpose of advertising is for the advertisers to win their target audience to their product or service. So it thereby discriminates against whoever they do not wish to target.

Seems rather hateful, are women deprived the right to vote and have a proper education in the UK? No? Well then this makes a whole lot of sense.

Hate crime? perhaps. But it is against men so it doesn't count; especially so if they are non-Hispanic white (that's like bonus points). :D

I should perhaps say "unjust discrimination" instead of something like "hate crime." [Insert random crap about can't edit news comments here]

I am intrigued by this idea as a social experiment but as advertising it fail miserably.

A blank billboard? What choice have I lost again? The right not to look?

I agree with they guy above who said that women get enough already. Some are discriminated against, sure, but life is about using what you've got, not complaining about what you don't.

This might count as discrimination, but it's against women, not men. Being targeted to view ads because of your sex. Great.

"Because I am a Girl" campaign, which aims to fight gender inequality. By discriminating against males, Plan UK hopes that men will get a taste "of what it's like to have basic choices taken away."

Yay, I don't have to watch an advertisement or hear it:D

"Millions of girls across the globe are being denied the right and choice to have an education," explains Plan UK CEO Marie Staunton. "This ad is a deliberate attempt to raise public debate on this issue."

Sorry guys don't care that they didn't see an advertisement they weren't going to see anyway, I mean it's a worthy cause, but I won't waste my time touching a screen some chav's have probably pissed, spat, or used for some other bodily function prior to me being there (it's England, and most of the town bus stops are vandalized in some form or another).

Will the interactive advertisement be distracting enough that women will miss the bus they were waiting for, because that will start a public debate on a totally different path than they had hoped.

Wait... Nevermind... That's already been done... It's called a Bar.

You know you can go to a bar without following your dick into battle and attempting to Mack up on some chick by buying her drinks :rolleyes:

I - for one - have never bought a drink for anyone I didn't know, male or female, and when I buy my friends drinks it usually either tier birthdays or they typically get the next round...

I think our douchebaggery victimized yourself in this case. It's not the bars fault :p

I love how women think they have it so hard for some things, they want equal rights and when they get them they complain about how hard it is and too much work.

Seems rather hateful, are women deprived the right to vote and have a proper education in the UK? No? Well then this makes a whole lot of sense.

Hate crime? perhaps. But it is against men so it doesn't count; especially so if they are non-Hispanic white (that's like bonus points). :D

This is actually about inequality across the world and not in the UK. It is about women who don't get any choices in places like Africa, the Middle East, Indonesia, etc. They are hoping to raise more awareness and realize that to fight this they need the assistance of men as well. That is the point of the campaign. I still think it is a fairly dumb way to do it though.

But as you show, men will most likely try to equate it to women in the UK as opposed to around the world in other countries. Apparently reading comprehension and research isn't high on the list for the majority...

Stop proving stereotypes true and maybe you can break them. (Same goes for race )
I'll stop believing women don't deserve equal pay when I see the majority of them putting in equal work.
I'll stop believing in (certain) racial stereotypes when I see the majority of them not fitting them to a T.

Also, racism and sexism is funny. It really is. Maybe I'm "stereotyping" humanity, but I have my doubts there is a single person that reads this that hasn't laughed at a racist/sexist joke. Doesn't mean I believe them all, but still funny.

Just my honest opinion, chances are I'll get flamed for these words.

And I didn't even touch on the massive amount of double standards that women hold on society.

Stop proving stereotypes true and maybe you can break them. (Same goes for race )
I'll stop believing women don't deserve equal pay when I see the majority of them putting in equal work.
I'll stop believing in (certain) racial stereotypes when I see the majority of them not fitting them to a T.

Also, racism and sexism is funny. It really is. Maybe I'm "stereotyping" humanity, but I have my doubts there is a single person that reads this that hasn't laughed at a racist/sexist joke. Doesn't mean I believe them all, but still funny.

Just my honest opinion, chances are I'll get flamed for these words.

And I didn't even touch on the massive amount of double standards that women hold on society.

Seriously? I just posted about people not reading and researching the issue and this is the drivel you come up with? Seriously?!?!

I am not at all a fan of feminists, in fact I abhore them. But this isn't about feminism in the UK or the US, it is about basic equality across the globe, like the chance to get an education. Get a clue man. You will get flamed for saying stupid things and not reading the article or researching the topic.

READ THEIR EFFING SITE PEOPLE:

About Plan
Plan is a global children’s charity. We work with children in the world’s poorest countries to help them build a better future. A future you would want for all children, your family and friends.

For over 70 years we’ve been taking action and standing up for every child’s right to fulfil their potential by:

giving children a healthy start in life, including access to safe drinking water
securing the education of girls and boys
working with communities to prepare for and survive disasters
inspiring children to take a lead in decisions that affect their lives
enabling families to earn a living and plan for their children’s future
We do what’s needed, where it’s needed most. We do what you would do.

With your support children, families and entire communities have the power to move themselves from a life of poverty to a future with opportunity.

Join the plan to help them keep doing it.

Damn people can be completely dense sometimes. Show me anywhere in there where it talks about equal pay and equal work for women in first world countries?

i want time off when my wife is pregnant...

i want tits so i can get anything i want in life for the most part.....

i want 'personal' time off when cause i am on my rag.....

i want free drinks all night bought for me cause i got a nice ass!

i love how women think they have it so hard for some things, they want equal rights and when they get them they complain about how hard it is and too much work.

You seem pretty sore about these issues.

Seriously? I just posted about people not reading and researching the issue and this is the drivel you come up with? Seriously?!?!

Nope, i didn't. Was responding to comments and the actual story, not the charity behind it.

So let me get this straight, I supposed to be upset by not seeing advertisements? They must be living on fu<K!ng Pluto if they think I care about that.

Nope, i didn't. Was responding to comments and the actual story, not the charity behind it.

Really, so the part in the actual story where they talk about the actual charity whose actual purpose was raising awareness about equality in education for women internationally somehow escaped your obvious discriminating gaze?

Right from the article:

"Millions of girls across the globe are being denied the right and choice to have an education," explains Plan UK CEO Marie Staunton. "This ad is a deliberate attempt to raise public debate on this issue."

Right from the actual campaign:

The campaign
Because I am a Girl is Plan's campaign to fight gender inequality, promote girls' rights and lift millions of girls out of poverty.

Across the world, girls face double discrimination due to their gender and age, leaving them at the bottom of the social ladder.

Research has shown that girls are more likely to suffer from malnutrition; be forced into an early marriage; be subject to violence or intimidation; be trafficked, sold or coerced into the sex trade; or become infected with HIV.

Plan is producing one girl report each year in the run up to 2015, the target year for the Millennium Development Goals. Each report provides tangible proof of the inequalities that still exist between boys and girls.

Right from the actual campaign:

Across the world, girls face double discrimination due to their gender and age, leaving them at the bottom of the social ladder.

Research has shown that girls are more likely to suffer from malnutrition; be forced into an early marriage; be subject to violence or intimidation; be trafficked, sold or coerced into the sex trade; or become infected with HIV.

Key part bolded and underlined. Yes if you look at the whole globe then they are discriminated against.

Let's say you have a choice: you get to be a woman in London, or a woman in Afghanistan. which one is oppressed.

So why place the advertisements in the UK? It's not where the problem is.

Key part bolded and underlined. Yes if you look at the whole globe then they are discriminated against.

Let's say you have a choice: you get to be a woman in London, or a woman in Afghanistan. which one is oppressed.

So why place the advertisements in the UK? It's not where the problem is.

Because if they can raise support from men in the UK, they can affect change around the world. Where do you think charities get their money from? Rich western males, who tend to have the most money and williness to give.

This is unfairly prejudicial to men like me that have feminine faces.

Back