U.S. Megauploading More Charges On Dotcom

HardOCP News

[H] News
The way the government is stacking charges on these guys, you know they are in for a world of hurt. Anyone else notice the 66.6 registered members thing? :eek:

While Megaupload claimed more than 180 million registered users, the site actually only had 66.6 million registered users, it said. And of the total users, only 5.86 million had ever uploaded a single file to either Megaupload.com or Megavideo.com, the department said, demonstrating that more than 90 percent of Megaupload's users only used the site to download.

Wasn't the whole point of paying for their service primarily to download stuff without limitations? I fail to see how this statistic can be used against them legally. I have a paid for account on another site that I use to download from exclusively (because the larger files require it). The content I download is 100% legal.

im completely lost, they didn't count people watching videos. Didn't megaupload also do pod casts or something?

Wasn't the whole point of paying for their service primarily to download stuff without limitations? I fail to see how this statistic can be used against them legally. I have a paid for account on another site that I use to download from exclusively (because the larger files require it). The content I download is 100% legal.
im completely lost, they didn't count people watching videos. Didn't megaupload also do pod casts or something?
It doesn't have to make sense guys, it's being handled by the US legal system, not the justice system.

This is when I get pissed. A couple of very small tadpoles get charged and the news is constantly in my face. I'm waiting for, and its a total waste of time, for the people that ripped the USA taxpayers off for a couple of Trillion and Rupert Murdock and his henchman, Since Rupert and a few friends owns most of the media we probably won't hear to much while the authorities sweep all that under the rug. In the mean time all the petty things will give us the illusion that crime is being taken care of by the Law Enforcement Agency's Years ago if a guy like Dotcom made the news I'd be going WOW, not any more. His news maybe rates a 1 out of ten,

I'll bet you the statistics are very similar for youtube and every other hosting service in the world.

I think the point they are trying to get across is that it site is not being used as a legal site for people to store there files to be recovered later, but as a site where people up load files for everyone else to download. and then with that fact in evidence they will try to put a spin on it that most if not all people doing this are doing this for software pirating reasons.

I think the point they are trying to get across is that it site is not being used as a legal site for people to store there files to be recovered later, but as a site where people up load files for everyone else to download. and then with that fact in evidence they will try to put a spin on it that most if not all people doing this are doing this for software pirating reasons.
and how would icloud not be circumvented to do the same.

The guy might be screwed because his problems are not legal but rather political, they want him to be an example to terrorize people.

They're turning him into some kind of martyr for a failed industry to display on stakes in the four corners of the world.

The guy might be screwed because his problems are not legal but rather political, they want him to be an example to terrorize people.

They're turning him into some kind of martyr for a failed industry to display on stakes in the four corners of the world.

Thats their plan pretty much it seems like. Hopefully it backfires and megaupload comes back online :)

Why is it they always mention relatively shitty movies that pirates upload.

"Uploaded movies such as Ocean's Thirteen and Evan Almighty"

Seriously? That had to be a mercy rule for humanity by allowing them to see those without paying for them.

Why is it they always mention relatively shitty movies that pirates upload.

"Uploaded movies such as Ocean's Thirteen and Evan Almighty"

Seriously? That had to be a mercy rule for humanity by allowing them to see those without paying for them.
Maybe they're trying to hype up failed movies in hopes that the clueless will think they must be great if they're being pirated and run out and buy them.

Back