Megaupload Co-Founder Released On Bail

HardOCP News

[H] News
Megauploads co-founder (not that guy, the other guy) was released on bail with strict conditions...like no internet access and no spending any more of the $20.2 million he made from Megaupload. Wow, twenty million? We are definitely in the wrong line of work. :eek:

The co-founder of Megaupload has been freed on bail by a judge in New Zealand. Mathias Ortmann will be the subject of strict conditions including no Internet access. The US will now rely on a United Nations treaty to extradite the Mega team. Separately, it was revealed that the FBI remotely monitored last month’s raids and congratulated New Zealand police on their work.

Megauploads co-founder (not that guy, the other guy) was released on bail with strict conditions...like no internet access and no spending any more of the $20.2 million he made from Megaupload. Wow, twenty million? We are definitely in the wrong line of work. :eek:
Just hang me now.

At least while in jail, you can work on achievements like "soap dropping chump" or "shiv in the side." Life on the outside without Internet access isn't really life at all and the achievements like "baby factory" aren't as interesting.

Wait a minute Steve.. Are you trying to say that you and Kyle are NOT billionaire media-mogul playboys?

Well if his accounts aren't locked down I say run like hell! Fuck the American corruptment.

Run like hell to where, these guys organized a raid from another flippin country. Do you think they would not search for this guy all over the planet if he left. The media corporations would never let that slide after all the money they have put into this.......

How do you say "Good job" in German? I don't know, but I bet the FBI guys and US government officials that instigated this do.

Well if his accounts aren't locked down I say run like hell! Fuck the American corruptment.

This all day! Our own government is the most corrupt entity on the planet chasing/killing/dictating people on every inch of the globe for trying to/doing exactly what they do, but to a far far far lesser degree!

I'd be gone before this story broke. Peace!!!

seriously, he should move to Iran and set up another MU there.

That will send the message across good....

I want a different slant on this type of story.Will someone please drum up some news whereby some other country in the world is trying to extradite a US citizen, to face charges of piracy. Right now all I read is that the US wants everyone in the rest of the world shackled and brought on to their turf to face charges. Correct me, but I'm getting the impression that the rest of the world are criminals and the US can do no wrong. If the US continues down this road the black eye they have with the rest of the world will just get bigger. I'm confused, is the US the only country in the world with copyright laws, the rest of the world seems to be doing just fine in that department, until the US says they aren't.

Hmm, so he can take that 20 mil, put it in investments, and use the interest? Sounds good to me, the interest is not part of the 20mil after all. :p

I want a different slant on this type of story.Will someone please drum up some news whereby some other country in the world is trying to extradite a US citizen, to face charges of piracy. Right now all I read is that the US wants everyone in the rest of the world shackled and brought on to their turf to face charges. Correct me, but I'm getting the impression that the rest of the world are criminals and the US can do no wrong. If the US continues down this road the black eye they have with the rest of the world will just get bigger. I'm confused, is the US the only country in the world with copyright laws, the rest of the world seems to be doing just fine in that department, until the US says they aren't.

Yeah I think it's retarded that they have the right to do that shit. The US just likes being the bullies of the world. One of these days it's going to backfire, I just hope no civilians get hurt in the process.

Yeah I think it's retarded that they have the right to do that shit. The US just likes being the bullies of the world. One of these days it's going to backfire, I just hope no civilians get hurt in the process.

If you look back on history... it has happened. Civilians have gotten hurt. :(

I just wonder how you prosecute someone outside the U.S for a law IN the U.S?

Next thing you know - someone in china is going to be brought to the U.S. for Jaywalking.. because it's illegal HERE....... but perfectly legal there....

Axe

At least while in jail, you can work on achievements like "soap dropping chump" or "shiv in the side." Life on the outside without Internet access isn't really life at all and the achievements like "baby factory" aren't as interesting.

Jail in New Zealand is not like Jail in the USA. Its pretty much a holiday.

Oh he gets to go to jail in NZ and not the states? That's not *AS* bad I guess. At least he's in his own country and can probably get visitors and stuff. Also if NZ is nice enough to him they might even just let him out. How are the states going to know? I'm sure the country itself thinks this whole thing is BS as well.

Back