Humanoid Robot Ice Hockey Player

Wow. Whats with the Drive-In music. Tinny window speaker and all !

You youngin's won't understand that :)

Wow. Whats with the Drive-In music. Tinny window speaker and all !

You youngin's won't understand that :)

That music is means a hockey game is about to start in Canada. Was the theme music for Hockey Night in Canada on CBC for years and years and years until TSN bought the rights to it.

On topic, I'm not too impressed with that 'robot'...

Yup, made it about half way and shook my head in disapproval. It was like watching someone's 3 year old.

Some day we'll hash something out a bit more sophisticated (read: apocalypse worthy)...

I totally thought that was a little person before clicked the video.

Couldn't break a wet paper bag with that shot. The Mighty Mite stride needs improvement, too. Ha!

The music was epic and worked well to contrast how utter unimpressive the robot actually is...much like Canada.
:D

For some reason, I was reminded of this..

6140965_std.jpg

I saw the same style of robot programmed to play soccer last year at Bowdoin College in Maine. Those were programmed by students which I suspect may be the case here. It was interesting to see and definately comical at times :)

That only proves that there are only 2 things worth doing in Canada, Fucking and Fishing.

And in the Winter, fishing sucks.

This will be the starring robot in "Real Steel 2", where they play hockey instead of boxing. :D

I fail to see how the robot simulates a hockey player... no missing teeth, it didn't burst out into a fist fight for no reason, doesn't say "eh"...

That music is means a hockey game is about to start in Canada. Was the theme music for Hockey Night in Canada on CBC for years and years and years until TSN bought the rights to it.

Aw, c'mon that robot has moves like Mario Lemieux or Jaromir Jagr from the 90's Pens...:D

Back