Tt Toughpower Cable Management 1350W PSU

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you need a high end power supply for your computer, you should probably head on over to PC Perspective and read their review of the Tt Toughpower Cable Management 1350W PSU. You can see our review here for comparison purposes.

The Thermaltake Toughpower Cable Management 1350W power supply delivered very good efficiency and easily met the 80 PLUS Silver certification criteria, even when operating at higher, real-world operating temperatures. It also delivered very good voltage regulation with clean DC outputs. The Toughpower 1350W PSU includes an excellent assortment of fixed and modular cables with up to eight PCI-E connectors and comes with a 5-year warranty.

The 24 pin being hard wired makes it almost impossible to sleeve.

Strip the existing braiding, pull the pins from the connector, put on new braiding, tape/shrink inside the unit at the base, do connector end as normal! Easy! :D

Or strip the webbing and spray black vinyl dye for an even cleaner look (and a boatload less work). http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1458728

While searching [H] for ideas, I came across someone asking about painting the cables/wires instead of sleeving. Clearly a bad idea since paint would crack over time. But in that post, someone responded with a brilliant alternative: Black Vinyl Dye. Turns out this was the never-before-imagined option that would save me from sleeving. I ordered the stuff, tried it out and now everyone's asking me how to do it. This new discovery saved me hours of mind wrecking sleeving, saved me from the normally unavoidable rainbow PSU colors and made the wires look much nicer than I had imagined.​

Here is mine....

Capture-1.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous, usesoap! Very nicely done. Clearly worth the effort. But it's more work than I'll ever do (myself) ever again.

Last edited:
It's really not as much work as it looks like. If you have the tools to extract the pins it goes pretty quick!

Back