ASUS Maximux IV Extreme Motherboard

HardOCP News

[H] News
Head on over to OCIA and check out the gang's review of the ASUS Maximux IV Extreme motherboard this morning. For comparison purposes, you can see our evaluation here.

Today we are taking a look at a board from the latter series, the ASUS Maximus IV Extreme, a P67 B3 Revision board that throws caution to the wind by including virtually every bell and whistle one could desire. This board is specifically designed for Intel 2nd Generation Core CPU overclocking and supports Nvidia SLI and ATI CrossFire X multi-GPU configurations in addition to a treasure trove of ROG-specific features and applications.

I have one of these. Love it. A little pricey but feature loaded and very stable. And the easiest overclock I have ever done.

I have the z68 version of this board. Best board I've ever used hands down. Rock stable, quality components and styling, overclocking champion.

I have this board. It has been pretty good. The only problem I've been having is the USB ports would stop working. Only thing that fixes it is removing power from the motherboard and restarting. It's known over at the ASUS forum, but no other solution.

I have the z68 version of this board. Best board I've ever used hands down. Rock stable, quality components and styling, overclocking champion.

This comment made me realize I don't have this board. I also have the z68 version. I missed the lack of the "-Z" in the name. Pretty similar boards though. Both of them great I am sure.

This comment made me realize I don't have this board. I also have the z68 version. I missed the lack of the "-Z" in the name. Pretty similar boards though. Both of them great I am sure.

I have the non-z as well and love it. Rock solid and a great OC'er. Nice stop gap before IB

I have the mATX z68 version of this board, really awesome IB-ready (with BIOS 0902) board.

great board there, helped my buddy to overclock it and it's really great

I have the same board and love it except...My network locks up when I transfer files to the computer with the ASUS mobo and the only thing that will clear the network and allow my other computers to function is restarting the computer with the ASUS Maximus IV Extreme (Rev 3.0). That points me toward the mobo as the issue. Anyone with suggestions or a similar experience??? I too have the problem with losing the usb ports mentioned above.

My buddy hasn't had this issue. Have you tried the latest BIOS update?

I have the latest BIOS update and it did not resolve the issues. I still have the network streaming problems on large files. Has anyone ran in to this issue and hopefully found a fix.

Thx Phil

No luck on the dying USB ports and it really is not worth switching ports every evening. Since restarting the computer no longer helps. You now have to unplug and plug in to a different port. It sure is great to have an issue with the MOBO, easiest component to replace. Any ideas or suggestions.

I don't have any issues with USB/network transfers on my maximus

Anyone using this board with a 3rd gen CPU? I'm using the p67 r.3 with 3770k and 680 4g. I have stutter issues relating to pci-e and mem timings. I believe it is compatibility issue, since the CPU is 3rd gen and p67 chipset is only 2nd gen. The bios update is supposed to update the chipset to handle 3rd gen completely but I don't think it does. I will upgrade to a z77 board soon if I can't figure this out.

Back