Apple No Longer Claims to Own Your Content on iBooks

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Apple has revised and updated the EULA for iBooks Author to indicate no claim to ownership of individual author’s work and further refined the language to clarify where books could be sold. The update is in response to the confusion generated by the initial EULA which was not well received.

Apple further clarifies that “you retain all your rights in the content of your works.”

No surprise, no one was going to go for Apple taking over ownership of IP that they didn't create.

is it me or After Steve's death (RIP) , there are some really interesting changes in Apple, giving away money to charity, now this.

is it me or After Steve's death (RIP) , there are some really interesting changes in Apple, giving away money to charity, now this.

I did noticed. +1 :)

Though, I'm surprised no one (yet) is as cynical to Apple just like when Samsung proposed to postpone their product launch during SJ's death.

Yea, things are a changin' with Tim Cook at the reigns. Apple still has that gustapo feeling about them, but at least they are a bit better. Still seem like a very cold and robotic company (The Borg has you!). I'm glad they changed this, as it really didn't sound right before - although I only heard about it through various forums, never read the EULA myself.

I always knew that when Jobs was gone, Apple would slowly lose some of its overly controlling approach to business.

Yea, things are a changin' with Tim Cook at the reigns. Apple still has that gustapo feeling about them, but at least they are a bit better. Still seem like a very cold and robotic company (The Borg has you!). I'm glad they changed this, as it really didn't sound right before - although I only heard about it through various forums, never read the EULA myself.

You can't just let the flood gates open and keep control of your company. If Cook hopes to move Apple to be way more open he will need to do it at a snails pace. I wouldn't expect a huge change though. If they lower their prices sometime in the future I may consider their products again.

Letting me keep something I created? How very white of them!

It hasn't even been 6 months and we are already seeing Tim cook is a lot more human than jobs.

Still not an apple fan but if they can keep down this good path, in a few years who knows?

Back