Galaxy GT 520 MDT Review

HardOCP News

[H] News
Overclockers Club has the Galaxy GT 520 MDT in house today for a few rounds of benchmarks. Here's a quote from the review to get you started:

The real benefit of this card from Galaxy is the ability to use up to four 1080p DVI monitors. This feat was not possible with run-of-the-mill Fermi based video cards since they are limited to two monitors from one card. Using Galaxy's MDT EZY software allows the end user to configure the displays in either split mode where each display has a desktop interface or merged mode where the display is spanned across multiple screens. The software is used in combination with the resolution settings in the operating system to get the optimal resolution for each display. The software is easy to use with little resource overhead.

Seems like a great deal for $50 MSRP if you want to run multiple displays for productivity purposes.

It has a fan, why...

When I built a Photoshop/Premiere system for a sibling, I sought out Zotac's fanless GT430. Little whiny fans that will probably die a quick death should be avoided, particularly on a card that's oriented mostly for professional uses.

And hell, that GT430 could play Bad Company 2 at reduced settings at 1080p without overheating.

*note that the particular card I used had both HDMI and DP outputs so that it could be easily hooked up to the Dell 23" IPS monitor and an HDTV. It was only $80, at a Microcenter.

Back