Activision Unveils New Maps for Modern Warfare 3

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
On January 24th, Modern Warfare 3 will have two new multiplayer maps available for download. The two maps are called Liberation, set in New York and the other is Piazza, set in an Italian seaside village.

OMG, like, holy crap, omg, new maps, OMG, I can't wait to pay $20 for those two maps, I hope they release new game types, I'd like to pay more money for those too, and OMG, if they sold another prestige above prestige 9001 I'd soooo pay $40 for that.

lemme guess, $15 for 2 maps right?

Funny thing, it used to be the mod communities that supported games by making new and exciting maps (or mods). Now the game companies have woken up and taken away the tools that made their games last longer because they can do it themselves for profit.

It was good times when game companies were run by gamers who wanted their products to survive - like artists wanting their works to last the test of time .. but now it's all corporate greed, hoping to kill off their products for their next annual release.

Funny thing, it used to be the mod communities that supported games by making new and exciting maps (or mods). Now the game companies have woken up and taken away the tools that made their games last longer because they can do it themselves for profit.

It was good times when game companies were run by gamers who wanted their products to survive - like artists wanting their works to last the test of time .. but now it's all corporate greed, hoping to kill off their products for their next annual release.

It's always been about profit. Do you seriously think that in the 90s if DLC were possible it wouldn't have been done exactly like it is now? These are for profit companies who's one and only interest is in making money the best way possible. Whether it's EA and Activision with insanely priced map packs or Valve forcing all DLC to be sold on Steam in order to give them further profit.

Maps are good thing. Too bad they charge so much for them. One thing I love about playing UT3 is that there are many, many maps to play on and they don't cost extra money.

i miss de_rats on couterstrike atleast give us the options to make out own maps people

$50, the cost of an Elite membership. You'll probably be able to get them a few weeks later for $10.

$50, the cost of an Elite membership. You'll probably be able to get them a few weeks later for $10.

Yeah, I'm curious as to how much it will be priced on PC. $10 seems like it'll be par for the course. Sucks if true...since we can't do Elite on PC.

just hope everyone who purchased elite (sorry PS3 guys your elite content will be delayed - oops they forgot to tell you or clarify ) gets more then 2 maps per elite release.....

"Unveils". Kind of like what happens at apple convention?

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So before it was $15 for 4 maps and now it's (presumably) $10 for 2? Wow...talk about a major price hike.

Not worried happy with the maps they already supplied, Sounds a lot like downturn and the coastal town map.

Didn't buy the last lot of maps for Black Ops either.

I admit, I bought into this shit a little bit in the blops era, mostly because I was tired of joining servers and not having the damn map. But, no more! Please don't buy this garbage!

As long as kids keep pestering their parents to buy these map packs, they will keep churning them out for money.

You guys got it a little wrong.
These maps are for Elite Prem. members right now for free. (albeit, elite members did pay for them ahead of time.)

They are not for sale. The full map pack, which should be 4 maps (like the normal map packs from last year and the year before) will be available for sale in March for $15.

So, no it isnt 2 maps for $10...Elite Prem. members just get these earlier than non-elite members as an incentive to fork over the $40 (preorder) or $50 (non preorder) cost of the Elite Prem. membership.

The reason I paid for it? I will buy all the map packs @ $15 each, so by preordering I saved $20.....I didn't know I got them early.

Back