Here's How Everyone Wasted Time on the Internet in 2011

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
We all know that we as a collective group waste a ton of time on the Internet and proud of it (most of us call it work).:p Royal Pingdom has amassed a collection of stats that tell us exactly where we wasted all of our time over the past year and who is doing the most time wasting of all. Apologies in advance for the dreaded slideshow. :D

So analyzing some of those stats some things pop out to me

North America (not just the US) is only 13% of the internet users... but yeah we're totally the reason why piracy is "hurting" the music/movie industry.

Facebook might have "800 million" users (ahem.. riiiiight) but that only makes up 1/3 of the total social media accounts, of course I'm sure some of those "800 million" have multiple social media accounts. (I have none and am quite ok with it)

Apparently the iPhone is the most popular camera, but the graph posted still shows the D90 having a larger percentage of users??

I thought it was interesting that there are supposedly 800million websites, and 500million were made in 2011. It seems the average lifespan of a website is pretty short. ;)

they forgot to add #32 for making this thing to post online (i'm sure big amount of time and money was wasted on research and stuff)

Apparently the iPhone is the most popular camera, but the graph posted still shows the D90 having a larger percentage of users??

THe graph only shows the iPhone4 Once you add in all the other models it should have no trouble topping the D90.

Yeah, but the market penetration is over 70%. Lots of people here have access relative to population, but North America is relatively small population-wise (bit over half a billion). Even Europe has a higher population for now.

There are now 555 million websites. 300 million of those were added in 2011.

Wow:eek: The number of website more than doubled in just a year

There are now 555 million websites. 300 million of those were added in 2011.

Wow:eek: The number of website more than doubled in just a year

That's a lot of Pr0n :D

If you think about it for too long, everything you do in life can be considered a waste of time. Including breathing. So don't think about it that way. It leads to madness.

Back