Google Disappoints With 4th Quarter Revenue

HardOCP News

[H] News
It amazes me how, just because analysts expected more, your stock can drop like a rock because revenue was only up 25% for the quarter and 29% for the year. :rolleyes:

Despite economic worries in Europe, Google was still expected to post strong earnings today, but the Mountain View, Calif.-based enterprise didn’t hold up to estimates and stock prices plummeted after hours. Google reported fourth-quarter net income of $2.71 billion, or $8.22 a share (statement). Non-GAAP earnings were $9.50 a share on a revenue of $10.58 billion (including traffic acquisition costs) — a 25 percent increase compared to the fourth quarter of 2010.

I just love how someone can make a prediction about you, and when it doesn't come to pass, you pay for it dearly and then the stockholders get pissy at you as well. :rolleyes:

Well the stockholders paid into it because of that prediction. The prediction might be costing them money now, but they weren't complaining about it when people bought in because of it.

I just love how someone can make a prediction about you, and when it doesn't come to pass, you pay for it dearly and then the stockholders get pissy at you as well. :rolleyes:

Their stock was priced based on that prediction. It didnt come true, so the stock is adjusting to reality. How is that weird?

Their stock was priced based on that prediction. It didnt come true, so the stock is adjusting to reality. How is that weird?

The stock adjusting makes sense, the part that doesn't make sense is stocks.

You have a human(corruptible) playing guessing games(analyzing) at how something is going to turn out in the future with a number derived from another guessing game(mkt value). The only reason it works is because sociopaths are involved.

The funny thing is profits were up and the stock price is dropping. I think the time to buy some google stock will be soon.

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals."

The funny thing is profits were up and the stock price is dropping. I think the time to buy some google stock will be soon.

Just means the stock price was inflated in the first place because of the expectation of even higher profits.

You only made a SHITLOAD of money! You suck! *dumps stock*

Pump and dump! Pump and dump!

Back