Quad-Channel Memory Round-Up

HardOCP News

[H] News
Overclockers Club has a quad-channel memory round-up posted today that features memory from Corsair, G.Skill, Mushkin, and Patriot going head to head.

In this roundup of memory modules, we will take a look at a broad cross-section of this segment, with kits from Corsair, G.Skill, Mushkin, and Patriot. With that said, they all fall squarely in the enthusiast sector and are popular modules bringing a bit of flash to go along with functionality.

i was hoping to see quad channel bandwidth and performance compared to dual channel - real world type stuff.

Im currently running 16 gb of dual channel on my P8P67Pro board and i have often wondered if i would experience any performance benefits going to a quad channel board.

I would ponder that with quad channel memory, speed of the RAM becomes less of an issue since you are accessing them in groups of four instead of two.

i.e. 4 slow SSDs in RAID 0 would equal or best 2 fast SSDs in RAID 0.

Good for the consumer since DDR3-1600 is pretty cheap. No need for the 2166 stuff.

The G.Skill was 5.8% faster in the suite (overall system) test but then last place in the memory test?

Some funky results... unless that test is one of the "lower is better" scores, but that doesn't look likely since the same test in the overclocked system, has higher numbers, not even lower.

what ever happened to dual-channel memory per stick? or is this the same thing?

Back